MJ @ Super
Years ago

Lightning v Dandenong 16th November

Premiers from last season up against an in form Lightning

The team get's very little promotion on here so I thought I would get this up and encourage a big crowd of basketball fan's

WNBA point guard apparently playing for Rangers
Batkovic looking in great shape

should be an excellent game to watch

Topic #29847 | Report this topic

russell coight  
Years ago

dandy will win and take the title this year.

what sort of future for carly mijovic (? spelling) - wnba / europe / opals ? looks the right size.

dandenong by 14

Reply #386073 | Report this post

BBallRUS  
Years ago

This game should be neck and neck. Will not disapoint.

Reply #386075 | Report this post

russell coight  
Years ago

adelaide too many injuries - dandy too many options.

lightning will not go the distance this season / finals - playing ok - but not enough depth v dandy.

Reply #386076 | Report this post

russell coight  
Years ago

suzy should get POTW for sunday's effort

Reply #386077 | Report this post

SamCro  
Years ago

Mijovic is an exceptional talent. Probably needs to reign her love affair with the 3 ball. Will need to build & develop her body to become an interior factor at the international level with Opals. I firmly beleive that Blicavs is the future at the 3 position with the Opals. Should be great game Vs Lightning but i expect Rangers depth to ultimately shine through in this clash.

Reply #386090 | Report this post

russell coight  
Years ago

will dandy's 5 player phillips be back ?

Reply #386093 | Report this post

Wam Soosnam  
Years ago

SamCro

Take your point on Blicavs, she has a lot going for her offensively. Unfortunately she is defensively impotent and Dandenong will not solve or develop that weakness in her. It is a shame.Her opals impact will be delayed.

The best emerging 3 man is stephanie talbot. Has untapped offensive potential and has the d to go with it.
Bec allen with an honorable mention, but again defensive issues cloud her. At least she is at a program that values (teaches)defense.

Mijovic.....time will tell, if she has an impact come finals time I will be convinced, but for now I will sit on the fence.

Reply #386116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wam Soosnam,

Blicavs would be light years ahead of Talbot & Allen as future Opals. When you say Talbot has 'untapped' offensive potential I take that as Talbot has a very limited offensive game (can't score from 4 foot away from the basket). In the Bullen game Talbot was 0 from 8 from the field. To play the 3 spot at an international level you have to be able to shoot the ball from deep which has never been Talbot's strength as a junior & now trying to transition to seniors. Blicavs has all of the tools to be a terrfic defender all she is need is the application to do so & the right coach at the Opals (Tom Maher).

Reply #386142 | Report this post

froggy  
Years ago

Hopefully body language doesnt have anything to do with it because Talbot's is disgraceful

Reply #386157 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unfortunately that has always been Talbot's biggest issue. I would like to think as she get's older that this will improve as she matures. Time will tell...

Reply #386171 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

Adelaide will go inside to Suzy often to exploit the smaller Dandenong, I think Adelaide can win this one but Dandy with Phillips back should still win the championship.

Reply #386172 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about Thompson as a star for the future opals? As a 4 spot? Could play the 3?!

Reply #386338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thompson is not a 3, never has been.

Can make the opals as a 4 though, certainly

Reply #386340 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Athletic enough to play the 3 if she wanted! She has always wanted that position

Reply #386352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thompson is certainly an athletic prospect but couldn't play at a women's international level as a 4! Doesn't shoot the ball well enough from long range in the 3 & unfortunately at the moment is allergic to defense. Thompson is a tweener for now but if worked hard enough on her defencies could push in to the 3 spot. Thompson is still well behind a Blicavs as a future 3 in the Opals IMO.

Reply #386354 | Report this post

Finals56  
Years ago

Philip Brown at the AIS has gone on record saying athletes coming into to "tute" lack certain skills . Is defence one of them or was D not a focus in his player development for future Opals players? How does this compare with the U S college system that places a priority on players individual and team defencive fundamentals.

Reply #386365 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thompson couldn't make the 4? That's what you're saying?

Reply #386379 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:31 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754