NBL Fan
Years ago

Wildcats Break Membership record

The Wildcats have broken the 7000 member barrier and currently have 7,049 members. Wildcats have said they have sold over 10,000 tickets to the game vs Sixers next week. Good signs.

http://www.nbl.com.au/wildcats-home/news/article/2012/november/perth-wildcats-break-memebrship-record/

Topic #29855 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

What's the record crowd for an NBL game? For a Sixers game?

Be a great thing to watch, but playing in front of 10,000 one eyed opposing fans?

Reply #386232 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

Well regardless of whether there one eyed Wildcats fans, what there doing is brilliant for the league and I wholeheartedly support it

Reply #386234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Awesome job Wildcats. Well above any other team in the NBL

Reply #386235 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

Whats everyone elses membership numbers?

Reply #386239 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Hawks 1458 at the moment.

Reply #386241 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Perth to the NBL, are what CSKA are to the Russian PBL.

A superclub indeed. Good on them.

Club inequality isn't the best, but it gives other teams something to strive for.
If every club had similar membership numbers, the league would be in a considerably better position

Reply #386242 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

So keen for the first home game.

Checked out the Arena on the weekend just gone and it is very very good.

Reply #386243 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

showing everyone else how to do it on and off the court.

Reply #386250 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

It is a great result. I think there is little doubt this is an all time NBL record for membership, not just Perth.

Reply #386253 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only 800 tickets left for their first game.

Reply #386254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It shows how pathetic adelaide fans are you lot keep saying you are the best and the biggest supporters
you have a good team now and you still cant fill your stadium

Reply #386255 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just want to ask every one, why they call perth supporters arrogant and all the other shit people say! When u have a club and a history like they have, it's not hard not to be arrogant! Best club, best fans! Think there are gona rock the arena! To get 10,000 for a regular season game is outstanding! Credit to every one involved at head office and to the fans and members! Win lose against adelaide next week, it's goin to be a history of a night! Proud to be in the red army!

Reply #386261 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

biggest crowd ever was Sydney V Canberra at the Olympic Stadium in Sydney, around 18,000. In Acie Earl's last NBL game.

Reply #386262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The NBL media guide says "17143 02/10/99 SYDNEY vs CANBERRA" That seems strange to me. What venue was that at?

Reply #386264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting that the NBL media guide has no "home crowd" record for Perth.

Reply #386265 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Curtley, wasn't that the night West Sydney played the Harlem Globe Trotters or something like that?

Reply #386268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I believe that night was 26/11/04 NBL: Razorbacks v Kings 14,805

Reply #386269 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think the 17000 was a double header to start the season.

There was one in Melbourne too that night with 12,000-odd from memory, and the two beers per quarter rule over two games gave me enough dutch courage that when I met my future wife that night I didnt waste the chance!!

Reply #386270 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

BTW the record crowd was at the Olympic basketball stadium at Homebush.

Reply #386271 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The scary thing is, you can guarantee atleast 7 thousand every single night which blows the league averages out of the water.. there will be alot of nights where they hit 10 thousand for sure. good on them for showing initiative, there team isnt even that entertaining and they have done that. Adelaides very poor publiciy heads and marketing need to stand u and take notice... we have an 8 thosand capacity.. why arent we getting more people? hat shit add of ours wont do it.

Reply #386273 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Impressive.

Next challenge: sustain interest and investment long enough for the rest of the teams in the major markets (both current and near future) to catch up.

Reply #386274 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Anon #386255.....you may have quantity but we have quality!

You may have the biggest membership base but that doesnt mean you have the best! The best by definition has nothing to do with quantity.

Reply #386278 | Report this post

Naph  
Years ago

Tornado: Well actually, by definition, it would be accurate to say the Wildcats have the "best" part of basketball fans in Australia. Because a definition of best is "largest; most:"

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/best?s=t

Reply #386287 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just look at the history of the perth wildcats. They are the bench mark! Consistancy is the key! Not 1 or 2yrs perth been up there for 26yrs with a chance of winning a championship! Won 5 lost 4! 9gf in a 29yr history thats goin to a gf on averge every 3yrs u play

Reply #386288 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Naph, that is not the context in which anon posted.

Reply #386292 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

The 6ers publicity and marketing people don't new to up their game/work, they need to be replaced, plain and simple...

Reply #386296 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Don't need*

Reply #386297 | Report this post

eli1  
Years ago

For the sport as a whole, a new arena and getting 10000 to a game is great.

Reply #386311 | Report this post

Naph  
Years ago

I only took exception to your last sentence.

"The best by definition has nothing to do with quantity."

Remove the "by definition" bit, and we'd be 100% in agreement. Anyway, I was in a pedantic mood. Its not really worth more time from either of us.

Reply #386315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The largest Perth crowd ever was approx 9,200 in 2004 agaisnt the Tigers when they played that game out at the Burswood dome as a part of the Summerjam festival. There was a AND1 exibition game just before the Wildcats/Tigers game...

Reply #386318 | Report this post

Simo  
Years ago

The largest Perth crowd ever was approx 9,200 in 2004 agaisnt the Tigers when they played that game out at the Burswood dome as a part of the Summerjam festival. There was a AND1 exibition game just before the Wildcats/Tigers game...

Reply #386319 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Effectively sold out.. just single seats left grrr

Reply #386321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simo u from nth ove perth

Reply #386339 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

I'll be there cheering for the Sixers. Should be a great atmosphere and looking forward to checking out the new stadium.

Reply #386415 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:25 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754