hoopie
Years ago

Trevor Gleeson?

Anyone know where he is and what he's doing these days?

It sounds like he might do a good job at Townsville with (or instead of) the current coach.

Topic #29861 | Report this topic

Spinner  
Years ago

Wouldn't mind him at Sixers

Reply #386291 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

still living in Melbourne - works a bit at the Nth Melb footy club

Reply #386293 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Absolutely not. What makes you think he would do a good job in Townsville?

Reply #386303 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

Mick - I read the other thread about the general unhappiness with the current Crocs coach.

Reply #386309 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

A guy like Gleeson is what the Crocs need. I don't know much about him as a coach, but I know he fires guys up and they play hard for him. When you think about it, he got a lot out of the guys they had and put them in situations they could use to their advantage.

Reply #386310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is a hardass, would be a definite improvement on the Crocs current ghost of a team. And Agreed with the group the 6ers have, would be much more confident with him at the helm rather than the current issues we have with the coaching staff.

Reply #386314 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

Considering that he left for the very best of personal reasons, surely there wouldn't be any animosity. Get the old duo back together?

Reply #386327 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Woolpert's not a bad coach.

To be honest, their roster is just not up to NBL standard.

Ervin is an absolute stud.

But Crawford is one-dimensional, Allen is not starting 5 quality, Holmes is a role player at best and Blanchfield is a real nice player but there's more talented swingman's out there.

Then on the bench you have Cedar, Cedar, Norton, Abney (who is way past it) and Hinder.

Compare that to the Breakers who have Bruton, Boucher, Hudson, Webster and Henry off their bench.

Reply #386333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So who selected the side? Woolpert.

Reply #386336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woolpert doesnt get to pick the team!

Reply #386341 | Report this post

jason  
Years ago

I was with Gleeson at a Melbourne Cup tent,
he was with a group of former NBL players
He seems happy working with a few different clubs and players around the melbourne area.
I brought up the question about coaching in the NBL again he said for the right position

Reply #386356 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

He would be great with Adelaide's roster this season.

Reply #386358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow we now have someone saying that Woolpert doesnt pick the team. So sack however picked the team and Woolpert.
Last seasons sucess was based on the legacy Gleeson left. Woolpert has the reins now and it seems to me can't coach or recruit.
He has hand picked by travelling to the US 2 of the worst imports ever to have played in the NBl.
Now he's got the broken Abney. So who picked them?

Reply #386362 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gleeson is not good enough to hold Marty's white board.

Reply #386371 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Last season's team's performance was actually an improvement over anything Gleeson presided over.

Reply #386380 | Report this post

Wized123  
Years ago

Smythe and 2 board members pick the team from my memory of a townsville bulletin article in the preseason - Mick can u confirm that?

Reply #386385 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Wouldn't have a clue.

Woolpert picked Forte and Withers though, that much is certain.

It would be more of a collaborative effort than one guy picking a team. I don't think they have enough basketball minds in the front office though.

Reply #386391 | Report this post

Chuck Norris  
Years ago

what bout as the new sixers coach ??

Reply #386645 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

his wife has/had cancer you dickhead. Have some decorum.

Reply #386977 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:57 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754