An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:24 pm, Sat 20 Sep 2014 | Posts: 515,452 | Last 7 days: 1,036

Dunk Basketball Uniforms  

Advertising spot currently available.
Minimum three month period (1.5+ million page views, 92% Australian).
Email isaac@triplezero.com.au for rates and options.

Important notice: In recent weeks, multiple IP addresses have been handed over to lawyers regarding potentially defamatory posts on Hoops. Please remember that you are responsible for what you post and that if requested by a lawyer to provide identifying information, I will comply.

BJF
Two years ago

King Ken Cole makes the HOF

Wrongs have been righted with The King taking his position amongst Basketball's elite

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/basketball/old-ken-cole-in-the-merry-old-hall/story-fndekpx4-1226512539354

Report this topic

HoldenV8
Two years ago
04:10 12 Nov 12

Reply #386978

re: King Ken Cole makes the HOF

About time too. I was around in 1986 and I still think the 36ers stuffed up by sacking Cole. Ok, sure he smoked a joint and that's not the image the 36ers management wanted for the club....but it was proved with his successor Garry Fox that its not just a great team that wins a title, they need a great leader. Cole was a great leader, Fox was ok but he didn't get the best out of his players like King Cole did. Hence we only won 1 title back then when we should have had at least 3.

And its fitting that he'll be inducted to the HoF here in Adelaide on All-Star weekend in a special ceremony outside the normal time they do the inductions. I just hope his health is up to the trip from San Diego.

Report this post

Reply to this topic

Name Email

Random name suggestion for anonymous posters: Dione 69

Title
Rules: You must read the Terms of Use. No spam, no offensive material, no sniping at other clubs, no 'who cares?'-type comments, no naming or bashing under 18 players.
Please proof-read your post before submitting as you will not be able to edit it afterwards.

94Fifty

Recent Posts