sitiveni
Years ago

Brisbane Bullets Bid

Former CEO of the Brisbane Broncos Bruno Cullen has joined the Bullets Bid group as Chairman. This is great news to have such a highly respected and successful Sports Administrator.

Topic #29876 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

That is a very good sign. The League badly needs the Bullets back.

Reply #386466 | Report this post

Jerry Denard Jr  
Years ago

GOOD GET, The Broncos are a model sporting organisation in many regards so one can only assume this bloke Bruno is up to the job.

Reply #386469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I really hope it works out this time. If it is successful, the new Brisbane team should chase Brock Motum. He will be a superstar in the NBL and is a QLD boy

Reply #386512 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

I really hope this works I really want a Brisbane team back. When they come back you said they would be paying at multiple venues. I think it would be a good idea to make venue memberships.

Reply #386537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crap the league needs them! Sooks wouldn't man up before so stuff them!

Reply #386585 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We need more teams to make it a decent competition , 8 teams is just not good enough. I would like a competition featuring 12 teams add another one in Melbourne , Brisbane , look at a team from Fremantle and GC or another state. Being from Melbourne and not supporting the tigers means l am just a casual supporter of the NBL. Previously l supported the Dragons , so hopefully they return in the near future.

Reply #386598 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Hobart has had a strong bid (community model) for a few years now, including the 1mil bank guarantee. But league wants 2nd Melbourne team and Brisbane to re-enter before looking at other teams.

Reply #386612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No way the league survives with only 8 teams as it is now inspite of the success of a few clubs. The league needs more variety and with the right people involved Brisbane can be successful again. The Bullets were once the most successful team in the league on and off the court.

Reply #386642 | Report this post

Gardenia  
Years ago

The Bullets were given the keys to the city back in '85. It's time they used them to open some doors and get back into the league.

sigh

yeah that was terrible

Reply #386845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I want a Brisbane team & tassie then for 3rd another Vic team

Reply #387246 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:37 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754