Topic #29882 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers up 7-5.

Nice block by Flynn on Gibson.

Reply #386523 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Anyone got a stream! Really want to see this!!

Reply #386524 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

stream for all those none NBL.tv users http://www.hahasport.com/v-4/6/160/v-476134.html

Reply #386525 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://thefirstrow.eu/watch/151729/1/watch-melbourne-vs-adelaide-.html

Reply #386526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Croswell needs to be benched, too many turn overs

Reply #386528 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Crosswell is so bad! It was pretty much 3 turnovers (I count his missed layup as a turnover) in 3 minutes

Reply #386529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I counted it as a turnover as well! Was so wide open there's no way he should've missed!

Reply #386530 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers lead 29-20 with 5:47 left in the 2nd.

Reply #386531 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Timeout with 1:46 left in the 2nd. Tiger 41, 6ers 30

Reply #386532 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

Flynn 1/10 FGs at the half.

Poor bloke, that's not fair having your first game against Gibbo.

Reply #386533 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Weigh back to sleeping. If we could actually hold on to the ball we might do better.

Reply #386534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

same shit different year for insipid adelaide ... doesn't matter who they stack their team with, they still find a way to suck

Reply #386535 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

what was with the DJ pull up 3? hopefully they can kinda work their way back in somehow, we really need the W considering Sundays game.

Reply #386536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers are gonna be scary once Flynn adjusts to the NBL

Reply #386538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers up 54-36 with 6:54 left in the 3rd.

Reply #386539 | Report this post

Gnome  
Years ago

Goodbye Clarke!!!

Reply #386540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL.tv certainly doing all they can to make this unwatchable with those ridiculous baseline camera angles

Reply #386541 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Adelaide playing like they don't realise they are playing Perth on Sunday and then Perth again in Perth the following weekend.

Crap offense at least it is consistent with our defense. Weigh almost up to 20 minutes with 1 shot.

Reply #386542 | Report this post

Ando  
Years ago

It really is a worry having Clarke as coach. Still. The nbltv is actually working beautifully for the first time for me

Reply #386543 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I try my best to be as positive as I can but really, Adelaide are pathetic.

Reply #386544 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

man we look horrible. this is over, i'm out. bring on perth.

Reply #386545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Down by 23, embarrassing.

Reply #386546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought that scoring was meant to be easy for us?

Reply #386547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

adelaide are shite

Reply #386548 | Report this post

bk  
Years ago

I just checked the box score not 1 36er in double figure points and its half way through the 3rd quater. piss poor effort

Reply #386549 | Report this post

Ando  
Years ago

What the f@ck am I watching here. These turnovers are just crap!

Reply #386550 | Report this post

Ando  
Years ago

Looks like another season without finals unless they learn how to play

Reply #386551 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Or maybe bring in another coach asap!

Reply #386552 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

fuck off adelaide ... bunch of shitful piss ant poodles ... and that coach of theirs can get fucked

Reply #386553 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

Goulding playing off the chart!!!

Reply #386554 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Coaching change within 3 weeks - may as well grab that extra piece from the Blaze....

Reply #386555 | Report this post

bk  
Years ago

Im giving up on this game and decided 2 check out towns- NZ game and at quater time towns up by 2

Reply #386556 | Report this post

eli1  
Years ago

Absolutely pitiful to be down by 25 early in the last. Ad to think, we heard Clarke crapping on about 'how important the Tigers game was' with perth to follow.

Cos at the moment, it was spin that got him thru the week. And the smoke and mirrors are out.

36ers of old.

Reply #386557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

please dont give out the kings/hawks scores for those of us watching the delayed 9:30 coverage on one hd.

Reply #386558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unfortunately I don't think we have the money (or balls) to bring in a coach like Joey Wright or maybe even Gleeson.

Reply #386559 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Years ago

Have to play a zone with Crosswell on because he is so slow.

Reply #386560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry to change the topic slightly for all these despairing 36ers fans but nbl.tv running those baseline camera angles on practically every possession is doing my head in. Does anyone see actual value in it (as an in-play angle, not as a replay)?

Reply #386561 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

only good news is the nbl.tv is the best over the whole game so far. just embarrassing ...

Reply #386562 | Report this post

Ando  
Years ago

What's sap we'll doing. He'd be better than this clown. It's been a pleasure to have seen Clarke's 3 year plan... NOT!

Reply #386564 | Report this post

Ando  
Years ago

Oops that's Sapwell. Friggin spell checker

Reply #386565 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

Glad OneHD stayed with the Wollongong v Sydney game and didn't swith to the Melbourne v Adelaide game, although Townsville and NZ looking to be the game of the night.

Reply #386566 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only lost by 30!

96-66.

If we lose to Perth at home Sunday surely the axe has to fall on Marty.

Reply #386567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree bucks stops with the coach....but you 6ers fans are letting your players off pretty easy...that was completely embarrassing

Reply #386568 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Annonymous I agree that the baseline camera angle is rubbish! Only thing worse was the Sixers performance.

Reply #386569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another week of sack Marty threads.

Reply #386573 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Years ago

Joey Wright is really more of a guard's coach,
this is not his sort of squad.

Reply #386574 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I knew this was a danger round. 30 points is an embarrassment.

Reply #386575 | Report this post

The Truth  
Years ago

lol @ 36ers!!

What a rubbish outfit.

Reply #386576 | Report this post

eli1  
Years ago

well, only a 30 point loss. that does the percentage a world of good. only guys to do decent were cadee, petrie and DJ. The rest, hang your heads in shame

Reply #386577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thats okay. No Joey? Whats Smyth up to these days?

This is ridiculous.

Reply #386578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thats okay. No Joey? Whats Smyth up to these days?

This is ridiculous.

Reply #386579 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Isaac...where is your 'Sack Marty - Round ' auto thread creator?

Reply #386581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gibbo & Schensh 4/20 .....

Reply #386582 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #386586 | Report this post

DM  
Years ago

Fact is wright had a contract with Sixers last season but knocked it back as he wanted to stay on the coast - well that went well
So the club were willing to move then so surely would now.
Only issue is 2x 7 footers and no gun swingman scorer - or could weigh blossom with a new hard arse coach who would make him earn his minutes?
Or maybe he is hanging on a bullets promise.....surely he wouldn't knock back a guaranteed contract on a promise again though?

Reply #386587 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

+1 for sack marty thread. i have been in support of clarke but this is too far now, we have the players to be good, we have changed the entire team virtually and still look like the same disgraceful unit. something is not working.

Reply #386592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers season started tonight , Flynn plays the entire season they make the finals.

Reply #386593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Flynn wasn't even good and a 30 point loss still happened.

Reply #386595 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

I always liked Phil Smyth as a coach. He was able to instil confidence in his players. I haven't seen that since he was unceremoniously/shamefully let go. It sure makes a difference when the players have the strength/confidence to 'play ball' without having to have every play drawn out on the whiteboard. That works fine for specific plays after time outs but the players need to know what to do 'instinctively'. Surely that comes with practice? I saw the interview with Chris Goulding after the game and he said that Anstey had them all training hard this week and it sure shows when they play. I can see similarities between Anstey and Smyth coaching styles. Having been such high level players in this instance seems to be an advantage.

Reply #386597 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Lets see what happens after the next two Perth games. If they bomb in both then questions need to be asked and that might lead to a decision that'll make sections of the Sixers fan community happy.

Credit to Melbourne tonight, they pounched on those Crosswell errors late in the 1st quarter and never looked back. They were walking ten foot tall. Perhaps that's the influence a early first round NBA draft pick can have on a playing group.

Reply #386600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Molloy

Structure, discipline and was instrumental in the Dragons title

Otherwise let the coach see his contract out

Reply #386603 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

was at the game. Gibbo was fully outclassed by Flynn who required Adelaide to send different defenders to try contain him. shot poorly but most were good shots.

Adelaide defense had a tough time against Flynn, he looked like he was going through cone drills

Reply #386605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As much as I agree that the coach should be sacked..... The players need to be accountable for their pathetic display of basketball. Starting with "boomer" Adam Gibson... I have watched every 36ers game this season and was there tonight and he should be ashamed of the way he is playing. However.... Clarke needs to put these players on a leash and show some kind of control. Most of the star players on the team are the most selfish players I have seen. Consistently driving and trying to make ridiculous shots instead of driving and dishing to the open man . What offence are they actually running? Ball goes to the same side of the floor everytime.. Followed by and on ball screen which results in a turnover or bad shot!!! Schensher needs to hit the weight room and crosswell as much as I like him his past it.. They were totally out played tonight and it was embarrassing!

Reply #386616 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

How's the locker room going Marty?

Guys like Gibbo, Weigh, Schench etc have all gone deep into the playoffs (& some have won). This must be running out of legs!

This squad should never be beaten that easy - this guy simply cannot coach!!!!!!

Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #386622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Id hardly blame Gibson, forced Flynn into woeful decisions, didnt have his best offensive night but he isnt Kevin Lisch so cant be relied upon. The team as a whole apart from Petrie and maybe Johnson should be ashamed tonight.

Reply #386623 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Who ever sits behind the sixers bench against Perth. If we are down by 10, sneak down and get rid of Marty's whiteboard.

Make him coach a team instead of drawing fancy pictures that no one follows and the team hasn't followed for the past 2 seasons.

If we lose this game against Perth, Marty should be shown the door. Give the team to Radford for a few weeks. If he makes it he stays for the season, if not he goes too.

Give the job to an SA stalwart for the end of the season. Given the rubbish the team put up tonight, Jan Stirling would be the best bet.

Reply #386624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One thing I think Adelaide lacks is a true go-to scorer at the one or two spots. Obviously you have Johnson, but pretty much every other team has a go-to scorer with a scorer's mentality at one of the guard positions. I guess Gibson was sort of expected to be that but he's a little inconsistent; not quite quick/athletic enough to get to the rim at will nor consistent enough as a shooter.

Look at all the other teams, they have scoring guards who can carry the team if they need to:
Perth: Lisch
Wollongong: Deleon
Cairns: Wilson
Melbourne: Goulding (and now Flynn)
Sydney: Madgen, (and Henry)
Townsville: Ervin (though not too effective on his own without a frontcourt)
and New Zealand has Jackson, who isn't always a huge scorer but is certainly a difference maker like few others in the league

Reply #386625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bought NBL.TV this week and was unwatchable.....ended up streaming it through a free site which worked much better. Why is anything related with the NBL an inferior product?

Reply #386626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i didn't see the game but i noticed owen odegie in the tigers line up in the box score. has he been playing all season? or is he a recent signing?

Reply #386627 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Darren was our go to scorer!!

Reply #386628 | Report this post

Daveo  
Years ago

Orbit - 'Guys like Gibbo, Weigh, Schench etc have all gone deep into the playoffs (& some have won). This must be running out of legs!'

All three of them have won a championship before.

Reply #386636 | Report this post

Chuck Norris  
Years ago

what a disgrace, I said earlier this is Marty's 3rd season & if the performance is crap he is gone.

Good bye Marty, Back to the AIS if they will take you back after your time as a Sixers manager

Good bye season ticket

Perth to win by 42 points sunday

Reply #386644 | Report this post

Who watched this game, How did Flynn go. Did he stand out?

Reply #386667 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Thanks Daveo, i thought so. Validates my point more. How long til these guys get sick of a coach making them look like sub par pros? Might b time 4 a locker room no coaches heart to heart. Vote the idiot out!!

Reply #386668 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Flynn couldnt throw a beach ball into the ocean last night and had a poor start with far too many shots (1/10 first half), but as the game wore on he started to look for teammates more and hit 3/7 in the second half.

Was very rusty so hard to say too much about him but he has nice handles, good quicks, finds the open man well (7 assists) and has some swagger.

Reply #386671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is Clarke the coach? Wow never gave Ninnis a squad like this or this much time , Ninnis first season finals.......Marty no finals and never will

Reply #386674 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

You know that it would be untrue
You know that I would be a liar
If I was to say to you
Girl, we couldn't get much higher

Come on baby, light my fire
Try to set the night on fire

The time to hesitate is through
No time to wallow in the mire
Try now we can only lose
And our love become a funeral pyre

Try to set the night on fire, yeah

Reply #386811 | Report this post

BJF  
Years ago

Pretty sure Ninnis had a very good squad that scraped into the finals

2009 team went .500

Schenscher
Ballinger
Hodge, the good version
Maher
Bruce
Holmes

Reply #386821 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Grizzard replaced the malcontent Hodge. Winitana, Hill and Cooper rounded team out that lost semi in NZ.
I think by about 20. Our only final since 2003. Brett's last game Hill had 30 plus points, I think Grizzard 20ish. Bottom of ladder since.Once under Ninny and twice Clark.

Reply #386844 | Report this post

Sam  
Years ago

GO TIGERS

Reply #387242 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

30 point loss regardless of the import is pathetic. Sixers back to what they do best.

Reply #387467 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:52 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754