Chuck Norris
Years ago

Goodbye Season Ticket

So friggen over this crap, season after season alot of the supporters pay good money for season tickets, and season after season we continue to dish up the same SH*T.

Who would you drop/replace or de-list from the team ??

Would this team work well under a new coach ??

who else is considering not getting a season ticket next season ???

I know I have better stuff to spend my money on

Topic #29889 | Report this topic

Big Ads  
Years ago

Where are your seats situated Chuck and how many do you have? Asking in the event they are better than my current seats and I want to upgrade next year.

I'm feeling your pain, but my social conditioning won't allow me to give up on the team, regardless of playing roster, coaches and front office staff. I'm too far gone. Enjoy your new found freedom.

Reply #386647 | Report this post

kr  
Years ago

Where are your seats chuck Townsville? lol

Reply #386652 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

all I can say is Marty Clarkes contract runs out at the end of the season,,, may as well wait it out.

Reply #386665 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

'Supporters' like you are an embarrassment to Adelaide, Chuck.

Reply #386731 | Report this post

Chuck Norris  
Years ago

Xztatik your mum is an embarrassment. How am I an embarrassment you clown ??

Reply #386735 | Report this post

Chuck Norris  
Years ago

So xztatik so you are happy with the 30 point loss then ??

Reply #386737 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

Yeah that's what I said isn't it. I'm not arguing with you douchebag. All I will say is that no matter how unhappy I am with the team's performances I will be attending every home game and refraining from starting bullshit threads like this. Support your team and/or shut the fuck up.

Reply #386754 | Report this post

Chuck Norris  
Years ago

It's ok for you this is probably your first season rookie

Reply #386760 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Adelaide fans are the biggest over reactors of any sport.
Win 1 game: WE CHAMPIONSHIP NAO
Lose 1 game: SACK MARTY, DUMP SCHENSCHER, MASSINGALE IS GARBAGE, JOHNSON IS SELFISH

3-3 , right where I predicted them to be

Reply #386761 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

X's argument is that for many fans (and especially those who consider themselves real or stronger fans), their paid support is independent of their criticism of the team. They lose, or go through a crap stage, but your support is ongoing. You follow their story year after year, the highlights and the low points alike rather than just showing up when times are good. Our NBL teams need season ticket holders to ensure stability and strong programs. Look at Perth.

By all means don't renew, but I think someone can call you out for your support in that case.

A question about the 30 point loss does not follow logically in the conversation.

Reply #386763 | Report this post

Tiger165  
Years ago

This is the first year that I havent purchased season tickets since the sixers moved to the powerhouse. I was just sick of the bad preformances both on and off the court.

Last year at the end of the season i said if they dont get rid of Clarke that I would not get memberships ( we have 7 people that go). It was really hard when we saw that we were getting a good team.

We thought a that someone from the club would maybe ring and ask why we are not getting membership but nothing came. If I lose a customer of 15+ years in business, I would ring to find out why. But hey the sixers must have a lot of money.

Since not getting the membership we have had two lot of free ticket and cheap tickets the other game and you just sit anywhere as the arena is not near full.

Reply #386810 | Report this post

eli1  
Years ago

I get clearly frustrated at games, suffer borderline 'white line fever' from the stands and even questioned rejoining this year but again, its about entertainment and winning. We win occassionally and the entertainment is there all the time.

So get amongst it.

Reply #386983 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Tiger165

I'm surprised nobody from the club gave you a courtesy call to see if you were going to renew or not.

I did not renew myself this year for various reasons. Team performances, lack of roster @ the end of June which was cutoff at the time, too many Sunday games etc. I received a call from the club a week after the deadline to see if I was keen or not. Surprised a long term loyal one like yourself missed out there.

Reply #387015 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:39 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754