Mystro
Years ago

Taipans Vs Breakers

Can the Breakers back up their win against the Crocs last night or will the Taipans wear them down?

Topic #29891 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Although they are equal top, the Breakers are no shoe in for this one.

Cairns are playing some great basketball at the moment. Their losses have been to a rampaging 'Gong team, a lucky Sixers team and a narrow one to the Madgen Machine.

All their wins have been double figures and Jamar Wilson has been in the thick of it. Tragagh is on fire and Brad Hill is playing some of his bet basketball since he moved to Cairns. (I guess he's now used to winning)

Breakers have Cedric "the Dragon Slayer" Jackson who is navigating a course to NBL MVP. Vukona, Pledger, Abercrombie are all good consistent performers. Their offence is getting better each game so a score in the 80's is likely.

Reckon this could be the game of the round. If Cairns are going to beat them this season, this is the game.

Reply #386661 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

should be a cracker,taipans are gaining momentum and Jamar has found his mojo again......cairns by 6

Reply #386663 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Not sure if Cairns have anyone who can negate the influence of Abercrombie who is shooting the ball well from outside or the big Pledgehammer who was fairly quiet last night but is still a big presence inside and changes shots accordingly.
I def agree that this game will not be a walk in the park and Cairns may take this.

Reply #386664 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Steindl may be the guy given the task of trying to keep Abercrombie quiet. Should be a great game

Reply #386666 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

"Pledgehammer" GOLD !

Reply #386672 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

NZ don't generally back up too well, but a win in Cairns tonight will say a lot about the teams championship credentials this season

Reply #386677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Breakers are my team but they are on the sunshine swing...Jackson vs Wilson, Abercrombie vs Steindl and Tragardh vs Pledger/Vukona this is a mouthwatering clash. My prediction, Breakers in OT by 4

Reply #386695 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Taipans by 12

Reply #386723 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Who can possibly predict an overtime game haha?

Taips by a half dozen hopefully.

Reply #386743 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

these two teams have a history of slugging it out and and going down to the wire so I wouldn't discount this going to OT.
Guys like Boucher and CJ will not be as effective second time round but hopefully Corletto can continue some of his shooting form from last night along with Abercrombie. I'm hoping NZ by 7.

Reply #386746 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

I rekon the Breakers will just hold us at bay. Jackson is getting too much freedom and i can't see that changing, we have no real pressure ball defenders.

Reply #386776 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Jackson having his way and Pledger having a frustrating night with foul trouble. NZ still having issues with turnovers

Reply #386778 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Haha oh Pledger, not his night is it? He's in my fantasy team so that's shit, at least I forgot to get in before lockout. I've forgotten the last 3 weeks of fantasy :/

But seriously, the Breakers are a championship calibre team again. I was a bit hesitant to rate them, but they are up there again.

Reply #386779 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Taipans held to just 54 points and the Breakers completing the double.
Jackson would have helped a few fantasy teams out with his numbers.

Reply #386784 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

Big win tonight- haven't been great at backing up on road doubles (usually adelaide then perth though)!! Cairns came at us a few times in the first half!! YEAH WHITE!

Reply #386792 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Any sack Fearne threas required?

Reply #386798 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Steindl quiet with a doughnut and not much from Brad Hill. The Cairns fans were vocal to the end despite being out of the game for the most part.

Reply #386802 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

More was expected of Cairns. Who've they had so far for 50-50? Crocs twice? Hawks? Sixers? Who else. Kings? Big blowout at home isn't good.

Reply #386804 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Teams still giving Vukona the open mid range jump shot which he has no problem knocking down in rhythm and Hudson was much better on Trigger than Pledger. Breakers continue to rebound well but still turning the ball over far too much. Still plenty to improve on and they are still winning games.

Reply #386815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This all falls back on Fearne for picking Edwards instead of a legit centre. Trigger's Swiss cheese defence doesn't hold up and Hudson toyed with them.

Reply #386831 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

frustrating game to watch,nz hurt us all over the court,too strong,too big....way,way too big.
like Gaze said the other week "Taipans will be too small to be serious contenders",i didnt get what he meant.... loughton is 6'11...etc...its a small league etc,we should be ok.....etc.
Basically we lost Crosswhite and didnt replace him.

A couple of other observations- why does Jamal go so deep in the offence with his dribble?then get blocked by 7 footers....not just once(reminded me of Mills at the olympics)
Does Fearny have any offensive plays set up to get his shooters open?
Cairns are very vulnerable now....

ALL the NBL refs are WRONG....not just isolated to a few of them anymore.

Reply #386903 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:55 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754