Mystro
Years ago

POTW predictions

Cedric Jackson must be a leading candidate this week after back to back wins over the winless Crocs and the up and down Taipans. I tend to feel Corin Henry is more deserving after leading the Kings to victory over the Hawks. Thoughts?

Topic #29909 | Report this topic

pwned  
Years ago

Jonny Flynn

Reply #387032 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Haha Mystro, I'm onto you. You know it should be Cidrick, you just want people talking more about the Breakers don't you.

Reply #387041 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

nah I didn't think Magden should have got it for beating two teams which are struggling to find some form. I think the strength of the opposition deserves some influence in the result for POTW.
The Hawks were unbeaten and had recently destroyed Perth so I feel beating them is a bigger deal than a team that is 0-8 and another that is 3-4. Sure they were back to back and on the road but the Hawks were 5-0 and steamrolling opposition.

Reply #387044 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

I see your point, but stats-wise (which is how they assess POW), Jackson should romp it in. Henry went 7/17, Jackson was too efficient. I didn't watch the Sydney game but I don't think I need to. Henry might have done the intangibles, but Jackson did too, not that that matters to the decision.

Reply #387048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cedric jackson
honorable mentions to massingale, flynn, knight and corin henry

Reply #387049 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chris Goulding?

Reply #387052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cedric Jackson with first honorable mention to Chris Goulding

Reply #387056 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

I hope Goulding doesn't get it. Surely they won't look past a 17pt 12ast weekend.

Reply #387061 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

POTW tends to be the "Who scored the most" award where Corin Henry did all the little things that don't always end up on the stat sheet like taking charges etc. Sure Cedric had a big weekend points/assists/steals/rebounds wise but I expected the Breakers to beat the Crocs and I would have been pissed off if they didn't beat Cairns also. I never expect to beat Perth and am super happy when we do, the Hawks are playing that well also this season.

Reply #387064 | Report this post

Pure Silk  
Years ago

Cedric Jackson is a MONTY to win. Watched both his games and was super impressive.

Reply #387115 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Seriously Mystro - 11.5 assists and 17 points per game across 2 road wins? I don't care if they were playing the Washington Generals and the New York Nationals - Jackson gets POTW for that!

Reply #387133 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:41 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754