An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:50 pm, Mon 28 Jul 2014 | Posts: 505,492 | Last 7 days: 1,203

Dunk Basketball Uniforms  

Advertising spot currently available.
Minimum three month period (1.5+ million page views, 92% Australian).
Email isaac@triplezero.com.au for rates and options.

Hexiled - a game for iPhone and iPad. A free and addictive word game for iPhone and iPad with three modes Download on the App Store.

Mystro
Two years ago

POTW predictions

Cedric Jackson must be a leading candidate this week after back to back wins over the winless Crocs and the up and down Taipans. I tend to feel Corin Henry is more deserving after leading the Kings to victory over the Hawks. Thoughts?

Report this topic

pwned
Two years ago
10:56 12 Nov 12

Reply #387032

re: POTW predictions

Jonny Flynn

Report this post

Spursfan
Two years ago
11:19 12 Nov 12

Reply #387041

Haha Mystro, I'm onto you. You know it should be Cidrick, you just want people talking more about the Breakers don't you.

Report this post

Mystro
Two years ago
11:28 12 Nov 12

Reply #387044

nah I didn't think Magden should have got it for beating two teams which are struggling to find some form. I think the strength of the opposition deserves some influence in the result for POTW.
The Hawks were unbeaten and had recently destroyed Perth so I feel beating them is a bigger deal than a team that is 0-8 and another that is 3-4. Sure they were back to back and on the road but the Hawks were 5-0 and steamrolling opposition.

Report this post

Spursfan
Two years ago
11:43 12 Nov 12

Reply #387048

I see your point, but stats-wise (which is how they assess POW), Jackson should romp it in. Henry went 7/17, Jackson was too efficient. I didn't watch the Sydney game but I don't think I need to. Henry might have done the intangibles, but Jackson did too, not that that matters to the decision.

Report this post

Anonymous
Two years ago
11:45 12 Nov 12

Reply #387049

cedric jackson
honorable mentions to massingale, flynn, knight and corin henry

Report this post

Anonymous
Two years ago
11:50 12 Nov 12

Reply #387052

Chris Goulding?

Report this post

Anonymous
Two years ago
11:52 12 Nov 12

Reply #387056

Cedric Jackson with first honorable mention to Chris Goulding

Report this post

Spursfan
Two years ago
11:56 12 Nov 12

Reply #387061

I hope Goulding doesn't get it. Surely they won't look past a 17pt 12ast weekend.

Report this post

Mystro
Two years ago
12:03 12 Nov 12

Reply #387064

POTW tends to be the "Who scored the most" award where Corin Henry did all the little things that don't always end up on the stat sheet like taking charges etc. Sure Cedric had a big weekend points/assists/steals/rebounds wise but I expected the Breakers to beat the Crocs and I would have been pissed off if they didn't beat Cairns also. I never expect to beat Perth and am super happy when we do, the Hawks are playing that well also this season.

Report this post

Pure Silk
Two years ago
15:18 12 Nov 12

Reply #387115

Cedric Jackson is a MONTY to win. Watched both his games and was super impressive.

Report this post

PeterJohn
Two years ago
16:49 12 Nov 12

Reply #387133

Seriously Mystro - 11.5 assists and 17 points per game across 2 road wins? I don't care if they were playing the Washington Generals and the New York Nationals - Jackson gets POTW for that!

Report this post

Reply to this topic

Name Email

Random name suggestion for anonymous posters: Rhea 78

Title
Rules: You must read the Terms of Use. No spam, no offensive material, no sniping at other clubs, no 'who cares?'-type comments, no naming or bashing under 18 players.
Please proof-read your post before submitting as you will not be able to edit it afterwards.

Recent Posts