mk
Years ago

Perth Arena Sold Out

Well Done to the Perth Wildcats!!! And to the public for getting behind the club and basketball!! Who said the NBL is dead!!!

Topic #29921 | Report this topic

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Excited to see what it looks like on ONE HD/NBL.TV! Hope this continues.

Reply #387150 | Report this post

WOW!!!!!! thats all i can think of for words at this moment OH and good luck to the visiting teams that will meet the 12000+ stronge one eyed perth wildcats fans every time they come over >>>> twice <<<<

One thing i know is going to be loud and the #REDArmy will be going off everygame

after 6 weeks plus on the road i'm sure the perth boys will be keen to play in front of there fans and put on a show that everyone will be talking about on saturday including the thread's about having clarke fired LOL

Reply #387153 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

So keen.. going to be such a nice change from Challenge. Hoping 3 times as many people means it is 3 times as loud and all the newbies wear red and get into it as much as the faithful do!

Reply #387157 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brilliant and heartening sign. I do wish though that they had at least one player who was a truly athletic/eye-catching player to wow the large crowds.

Reply #387171 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Don't set your expectations too high, more doesn't necessarily mean a better experience. Let us know how it compares, I'm keen to see it on the OneHD broadcast.

I remember it took awhile to adjust to the expanse of the Powerhouse/Dome/Arena after the more intimate environment of Apollo stadium. You should be over that by the time the finals come round even if patronage falls a couple of thousand.

Enjoy the night, hope your seats are good and its a great game. I also hope the Cats put in a better performance yet still fall short against Adelaide ;-)

Reply #387174 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Great effort! Should be a pretty awesome atmosphere

Reply #387183 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Brilliant support from Perth fans. And after two losses! Well done.

Reply #387185 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Imagine how quiet the stadium will be if the boys are running over the cats. That's what I want to see

Reply #387194 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Excellent effort by Perth, hats off.

Reply #387221 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Years ago

Whether it is a better experience or not will depend on how the stadium has been designed.

If it has a lot of tight seating courtside then it usually gets the thumbs up,
Those set ups with big spacious courtside boxes have generally not worked.

Reply #387226 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

How much do they sell tickets for? Was there any kind of promotion/discount to get the sellout? I remember it being brought up that they have a lot of members, but 12,000 is a LOT of people to pay money to go watch basketball. Great stuff.

Reply #387227 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They've had sell outs for a while so there might've been a lot of people waiting for a chance to see a game? Plus that factor of being at the first game at the venue?

Reply #387241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who r they playing?

Reply #387243 | Report this post

Sam  
Years ago

36ers

Reply #387244 | Report this post

Tickets started from $20 for presale/online or if any had been left $25 from the door on the night for adults

this is a huge effort from the cats office team huge marketing around in the likes of billboards ,
buses ,paper ,all the way down the main street in the city and radio ad's only thing they didn't do was TV but they taped into every other media format

as i have said the to wildcats via email and phones call it has been a great effeort by all and the time and effect is well above any other team in the NBL and other clubs should be talking to the cats on how they can truwly run there business/team

Reply #387312 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:22 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754