AsIseeIt
Years ago

Well done State Champs

Well done Sturt on overall Champs and great to see West up there after a few years in the wilderness. I love it when a plan comes together.
I heard a lot of comments, from a number of clubs about the number of "home" games Tigers had at M/Vale. I put it down to usual bitching.
HOWEVER, before the 'Anonymous' at BASA fires off about unfounded comments, I did a quick check.
Of the 92 games played by Tiger teams over weekend, an incredible 60 were at home , including 1 team 5/5 @ home, 1 with 4/4 @ home, & many others similar.
I have a 'life', so did not check all other teams, but Sturt wear a lot of flack, so a scan brings them out around 50% home/away.(as would be expected).
Then I hear Tigers forfeited U/18 D1R boys mickey-mouse final on Sun nite. They had 3/4 @ home, so should have run a chook raffle if petrol money was an issue.
Next year BASA might use some sense, and let Colin do his job!

Topic #2998 | Report this topic

Wayne Beaumont  
Years ago

My girls Sturt Under 12 State - 6 games over weekend - 0 at home

Reply #34191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

my entire club - over 60 games, none at home...

Reply #34192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was stunned that the 18 boys had three games at home. Didnt think that would happen, but not complaing as at least i wa able to watch 2 games.

Reply #34193 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sorry should have said at starplex

Reply #34194 | Report this post

incognito  
Years ago

i was talking to the norwood u16 boys coach. They had a 3 PM game at Starplex followed by a 7 PM game at Southern on the same day! With many norwood players living relatively central in adelaide it could not have been any worse scheduling. Maybe ESSO should buy the 36ers with all the extra money they made from fuel sales over the weekend.

Reply #34195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I really think that who ever puts together the program doesnt think of the parents who have to transport the players from stadium to stadium. And what about the players? To play a 3pm game and then have to travel down south (of all places) for a 7pm game is rediculious. Most caches like players at the stadium at least hlf hour before the game. So how are they meant to eat, travel and recover and then play the best gme ever with nost much time to even scratch themselves.

Reply #34198 | Report this post

Mr perfect  
Years ago

The schedule was done up in plenty of time. Norwood had weeks that they could have organised a team mini bus or something with all the notice they had for the schedule.

Reply #34202 | Report this post

AsIseeIt  
Years ago

A mini-bus? they were a local team playing in their own championship- not playing interstate where all players were together at the same house all of the time
Perhaps a mini-bus would be good after so everybody can go to the Adelaide Cup.
Will BASA start work on 2006 Champs now as the Cup is in March and their staff will accumulate more leave time betwen now and then.

Reply #34207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I take it Mr perfect that you are being sarcastic as the program was only released to everyone on Wednesday. My calculation is 4 days to organise not weeks.

Reply #34218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

caught some of the U18 and U16 girls semi-finals on sunday night and was bewildered that they had the normal random substandard whoever was at the Dome referees doing the games instead of the top notch ABL refs or good quality victorian refs

the semi-finals are just as important as finals i can't believe they wouldn't assign the best possible

Reply #34219 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe you should have looked at last years draw and you had saw that all Tiger State teams both boys and girls had NO games at home that year. SO maybe it was to even out the inconsistant year in 2004.

Reply #34229 | Report this post

poed  
Years ago

The victorian refs were terrible - very inconsistant, give me S.A. refs any day

Reply #34236 | Report this post

STIP  
Years ago

I notice that in previous years there has not been the usual bitching that all Forestville teams have had 95% of their games at home!

Reply #34257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty simple people.

Mvale has FOUR courts, Marion/Hillcrest TWO courts.

Gee I wonder what clubs going to have more home games.

If Eastern played Norwood at Mvale then you'd all bitch too.

What choice was there?

Appart from travel what's the problem with where the games are?

Reply #34259 | Report this post

Peter Maravich  
Years ago

refs. if you are playing all your games at home, you are getting all your refs. I am not for a second suggesting any of the reffing with below par, but clubs to tend to mould their style (quite unintentionally) around what their home refs will allow, seemingly giving them an advantage.

Reply #34261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Your" refs!?

There were 5 ABA refs at Mvale on the weekend. Plus two victorians.

There were four referees with a connection to Tigers at mvale (one did 1 game, one did 2 for the weekend).

I do get your point about understanding the style but any ref who's ever reffed Tigers would know they are the last club to mould their style to ANY referee.

Reply #34265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All you people who bitch about having to travel 30 minutes to a game venue need to have a chat with a few Victorian parents over June long weekend and find out how far those people travel every weekend! Some Clubs even give their coaches an allowance for all the travel!

Reply #34330 | Report this post

JJ  
Years ago

pfffttt.... this doesnt only happen in state champs ... in our div, southern seem to get a lot of their games at home during the season proper. have played them 3 times this year, all three games at their stadium - what happened to having a fair go and sharing the games between stadiums - perhaps each team should get home games? would like to know who's ear they are blowing in.

Reply #34335 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vic refs were great. Our refs could learn a thing or two. Southern had too many home games. No first aid people at games was not great. All in all well run at most venues.

Reply #34346 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

What? No first aid at games? Lucky BASA is covered by player insurance. Oh hang on, that was cancelled too! ;-)

Reply #34357 | Report this post

mr perfect  
Years ago

Anon 34218. Yes I was been sarcastic!

Reply #34377 | Report this post

Dunk that sucker  
Years ago

I saw more consistancy from the floor at Pasadena than from the Vics 'reffing' there.

Reply #34534 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:05 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754