Isaac
Years ago

Nash's MVP award and the race factor

For a while, I've been a reader of Plastic.com -- great choice of articles, very high level of comments and just generally an interesting daily read.

Today there's a sidebar piece about Steve Nash's MVP win and whether race played a part in determining his win.

Nash Wins MVP Race, But Did Race Win Nash's MVP?

Was Steve Nash the recipient of an subconscious racial bias by voters? Or was he just the deserving winner of an award for being the catalyst for a high scoring offense?

As with the rest of Plastic.com's user comments, those attached to this piece are worth a read.

I'm surprised the issue of race even came up but I wouldn't have even named Shaq as a top three MVP candidate, so what do I know! Almost to show-up those criticising his award, Nash poured in 48 points in the most recent playoff game between the Suns and Mavs on 20 of 28 shooting.

Topic #3002 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's disappointing to see his award tarnished by these claims. It's just media people justifying their jobs. What crap.

Reply #34240 | Report this post

travis  
Years ago

The canadian media over here are loving this. This has been front page news most of last week. There were like 6 articles on it in yesterdays (sunday) paper.
Great to see such a humble guy win the award.
At his press conference he invited all of the Suns guys up onto the stage with him when he accepted it.
Something really seen anymore in sports, particulary the NBA.

Reply #34246 | Report this post

Degenerate  
Years ago

Leave nash Alone I say

They have made the right choice

Reply #34393 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:14 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754