Hazza
Years ago

Goran Dragic For All Star

Goran Dragic

Top 10 in the league for steals.
Top 10 in the League for assists.
16.2 ppg.

Leads PHX Suns in all 3 catergories.

I'm not talking started but the guy should be considered for a bench spot, surely!

Topic #30027 | Report this topic

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Westbrook, Paul, Parker, Curry and maybe even Nash when he returns.. Will be before him.

But i like what he's doing this year!

Reply #388877 | Report this post

You're good naturedly ribbing me aren't you.

Goran Dragic, really?

Reply #388917 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

No

Reply #388924 | Report this post

Hazza  
Years ago

The guys you mention are all outstanding players with no question better career stats then Dragic of course.
However I think All Star selection should be based on current form and stats. So yes I am serious but only asking for a possible bench spot. I very much think it won't happen. But so far this year,

Westbrook 20.8 ppg (Probably best in west)
8.1 Assts
1.5 stpg

Paul 15.6 ppg
9.9 Assts
2.36 Stpg

Curry 19.3 ppg
5.7 assts
2.36 Assts

Parker 15.0 ppg
7.5 Assts
0.6 Stpg
I think Dragic's stats have Parker covered and are very comparable to the others (Westbrook, way ahead).

Dragic
16.2 ppg
7.3 Assts
2.08 Stpg

Reply #388926 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Don't forget he's on a second rate team

Reply #388928 | Report this post

athlete  
Years ago

@Hazza
Yes Dragic puts up number similar to all those people mentioned. However, his team sucks. All those other PG's you mentioned are running clubs that are winning games, the most important factor when it comes to All-Star selection (eg. Monta Ellis, he would've been a perennial All-Star if it was pureply on stats alone).

Reply #388935 | Report this post

Hazza  
Years ago

All very good points as to why he probably won't make it. And at the end of the day I agree with you guys. Your not wrong Athlete with what you say but those point gurads have a lot of help.

Parker has Ginobili and Duncan.

Paul has Grffin and Crawford.

Westbrook has Kevin Durant.

I have to wonder if Dragic was in a big name team with a huge support base and with a genuine super star on the team. Would he be held in much higher regard. Say if he was at New York playing the point with Mello and Stoudemire to dish to. What numbers could he produce and how would he be seen?

I guess I just like to support the under dog. haha

Reply #388947 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:36 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754