An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:29 am, Thu 17 Apr 2014 | Posts: 490,522 | Last 7 days: 2,067

Dunk Basketball Uniforms   West Adelaide Bearcats Mid-Year Carnival - July 10-13, 2014

PlaymakerMo
Two years ago

Ten's "Live" Coverage

Sunday NBL games on Channel 10 aren't being broadcasted live, as part of the previously reported deal:

http://www.nbl.com.au/news/article/2012/april/live-nbl-coverage-on-ten-next-season/

...what gives?!?

Report this topic

Anonymous
Two years ago
16:06 25 Nov 12

Reply #389007

re: Ten's "Live" Coverage

"One feature game will be broadcast live nationally every Sunday afternoon on TEN. During the months of October to the conclusion of February, the broadcast time will be live at 2:00PM nationally and live at 1:00PM nationally during March and April"

Report this post

BJF
Two years ago
17:09 25 Nov 12

Reply #389012

I had an official response from the government when i questioned the broadcast ombudsman about this. There is no law that they can enforce to ensure that the games are broadcast live and nothing they can do about the misrepresentation that the games re indeed live.

A few weeks ago the sunday game was advertised as being broadcast live into Adelaide when it was actually on a 30 minute delay.

Report this post

orbit
Two years ago
01:59 26 Nov 12

Reply #389049

Better than 0....

Report this post

Anonymous
Two years ago
07:16 26 Nov 12

Reply #389055

I cant believe that someone has the time to contact the Ombudsman regarding a 30 minute different. Find something else to do mate!!!
Count yourselves lucky for seeing any FTA coverage.

Report this post

Reply to this topic

Name Email

Random name suggestion for anonymous posters: Dione 99

Title
Rules: You must read the Terms of Use. No spam, no offensive material, no sniping at other clubs, no 'who cares?'-type comments, no naming or bashing under 18 players.
Please proof-read your post before submitting as you will not be able to edit it afterwards.

Recent Posts