Spursfan
Years ago

Ball don't lie

Watching Denver Nuggets @ Utah Jazz at the moment and the shot clock was winding down for Gallinari I think it was. Less than 5 minutes left in the game. He threw up some contested fadeaway 30 footer to beat the shot clock and as the shot was in the air, Derrick Favors got a loose ball foul on Koufos, then in protest of the call Ty Corbin got a T. Gallo missed the single free throw, then Koufos missed both free throws badly.

What other 'ball don't lie moments have we seen?

Topic #30044 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

google: Rasheed Wallace

the end

Reply #389211 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Maybe you didn't read it properly you faggot. The phrase doesn't have to be yelled out by a player to be a ball don't lie moment, it is just where a wrong call is made and the player goes to the free throw line and misses both shots, or misses uncharacteristically.

Either 'you' need to google what ball don't lie is or you don't expand that small mind of yours further than what you selectively read on a screen.

Reply #389222 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Well that escalated quickly

Reply #389234 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

When 'Mr MVP', 'Thr next Brett Maher' (lol) Tok Daly missed a wide open floater to win the CABL final this season. The better team won

Reply #389235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol Ingles13 that's some golden ball don't lie moment you dished off there :)

Reply #389252 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Spursfan, you're up in FNQ, right? Is "faggot" still the go-to abuse up there? It's 2012.

Reply #389256 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Whether it is or isn't it sounds like you're discriminating against Far North Queenslanders, Isaac.

Reply #389257 | Report this post

Really  
Years ago

No just discrimminating against those who are politically incorrect and abusive for no real reason.

Reply #389260 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

2001 Damon Lowery has the ball. Hawks 2 down with a few ticks left on the clock. Shoots the three and is FOULED by Darnell Mee. heaps of protests from the opposition team and fans but Lowery makes three free throws all of which had more chance of rimming out than going in,

BALL DON'T LIE......

Reply #389262 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Haha, that was a good one. Man every one of those foul shots could have rimmed out easily, I remember that. Good stuff.

Reply #389265 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Spursfan, that doesn't follow logically. My issue is with people who consider that a reasonable term to bust out in discussion. I'm asking if that's the norm where you're from. Regardless, please try not to use it again on Hoops.

Reply #389266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

spursfan=idiot

Reply #389267 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

This thread has literally had only one good reply (partly due to me haha)

Reply #389273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good on you Issac.

Spurs fan lay off the homophobia.

Reply #389275 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Yeah good on you Isaac, feel good with your little pals patting you on the back?

You do realise you brought in the subject of Far North Queensland well out of context (which draws attention to the issue, right). The fact that you said, "it's 2012" shows a negativity within your comment. Can you follow, Isaac? I just need to be sure. So what you're doing is drawing attention by bringing it up, and then you are putting a negative overtone on the demographic in your comment. Now I will give you some credit and assume that you know what a negative overtone is.

In your next comment, you go on to indicate that what you asked was a legitimate question. So my worry (for your sake) is that you can inadvertently offend the people on your beloved Hoops forum quite easily. You wouldn't want to do that. If I were you, I'd want to keep that in check, Isaac.

What you did was simply target where you think I am from and attach an unwarranted negativity to it -- a connotation that suggests the people of FNQ are a bit slow and behind the times.

What you should have done was attack my comment or me, and only that.

Mentioning any demographic is just a dirty and uncalled for act in such a context.

Reply #389285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

boo hoo Spursfan get over yourself...

at least admit that your initial response was an offensive over-reaction

all you rhetoric is just an attempted distraction

Reply #389287 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spursfan, you said something deeply offensive. Simple as that.

Pisses me off that you think you can throw around discriminatory comments around like that and think it's okay. It’s really hurtful to hear attitudes like that thrown around casually.

Now apologise or fuck off.

Reply #389288 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Inadvertently offend, as opposed to intentionally offend people, as with your comment?

Many are products or strongly influenced by their immediate communities and I wondered if that was your excuse, doing it out of habit and using language you hear around you, or if you were intentionally putting up something demeaning to gay readers?

Once upon a time, "retard" was a pretty common insult. I used it in a post on the forum a few years ago, and a parent emailed me. They had a disabled child and weren't so keen on the word's use in that context. Two of my choices then were to go the "Stupid political correctness. What a joke." rant-route you see in Letters to the Editor, or acknowledge it, edit the post and then do my best from that point to keep in mind it being a bad habit.

Reply #389301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do not know if this counts http://i.imgur.com/fZljg.gif

Reply #389309 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Even if you excuse the homophobia the overreaction is hilarious in itself

Reply #389344 | Report this post

A.W  
Years ago

What a thread!

Reply #389345 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

for some reason i hadnt opened this thread until now....i havent laughed like that for ages.

"well that escalated quickly"

it really caught me by surprise.....very funny !

Reply #389501 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

I aim to please

Reply #389502 | Report this post

tropical booz  
Years ago

Same here Skull & now it's escalated more. Sorry Spursfan u lose & you're posts now lose all credibilty with me! Shame to call people faggots cause your life is obviously in the shit right now. What do u wear to Taipans games so i can find u & smash u? Dont worry Isaac i'd never lower myself...

Reply #389511 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

don't have to worry aboutwhat he wears..he's easy to spot tropical booze..just look for the line-up and take a number

Reply #389514 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

haha what a thread. Only a week old and it feels like ages ago

Reply #389896 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:17 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754