wak
Years ago

Wildcats going for Moore

Article on nbl.com.au - 36ers better get act together if interested in getting Moore's services

Topic #3005 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

No way that the Sixers are interested in, or can afford, Moore.

I expect that there's an announcement coming soon regarding the 36ERS roster. Should be good news.

Reply #34273 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Come on Isaac what have you heard? I think we would all like some good news :)

Reply #34276 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

C'mon Isaac, you can't drop the crackers like that and not give us anymore info.......

Reply #34278 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wait for the signature.

BTW, Sixers in the Kiwi league this round: Dusty had 20 and 14 (Paul Henare on his team had 28, 7 and 13 assists!). Derek Moore (not a Sixer, but nice to keep an eye on him) had 16 and 5. They won by 12 against Pero Cameron's team. Pero was crap again (8 points on 2-11 shooting, 3 rebounds, 3 assists but 3 turnovers in 37 minutes -- how that was worth $175k in the NBL last year, I have no idea. Oh, and how did anyone think he was an NBA prospect. Pffft).

Holmes had 20, 6 and 7 as his team won. Made most of the NZ Breakers playing in that game look a bit average! The next game, Jacob had 11, 14 and 6 (but 6 TOs), but his team lost.

"David Cooper did not play tonight due to his brother's wedding in Australia."

Reply #34279 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

Wait for the 'signature'? So deal has been struck has it? Just waiting for the ink to dry?

Sixer's announcement? More likely first heard here, then Boti speculates in article, then nbl.com.au pick it up, then is eventually released by Sixers management - 2 weeks later.

Reply #34286 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Ok well lets assume that Willie and management have agreed to terms and he will be here for the next three years. Still leaves us with a bit of a hole in the middle if Coops gets called for early fouls....

Care to confirm or deny Isaac?

Reply #34287 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

And Isaac's comment that 'Moore not a sixer but nice to keep an eye on him'... what is that?

Reply #34288 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Statman, I don't know anything for sure. Just hearing that things are looking better than they were previously.

We're all critics, but I think the club has had some tough negotiations on this one. That they had such a positive response from Willie on the second and third years of a deal means that they must be at least partly on track despite rough circumstances.

wak -- just that people are still interested in hearing how ex-Sixers are playing. I mentioned Moore's stats in the same way I recently posted Charles Thomas' profile, or we talk about Rick Brunson from time to time.

Reply #34293 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

I thought that was the case.... just a bit quiet at work today so I thought Id stir you up a bit :)
Lets hope you are right and we can have Willie and Brett signed up soon

Reply #34299 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

I'm with Statman - hoping you'll let something slip after a little stir.

Reply #34303 | Report this post

ashman  
Years ago

Perhaps we need to get Isaac drunk for him to let some stuff slip

Reply #34312 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

yes please tell

Reply #34336 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Isaac, you don't post on ex-Sixers enough. I'm still waiting to hear what Kym Taylor is up to. I know Mick Corkeron went interstate, but news on him has dried up too. And just where is Andrew Svaldenis nowadays?

Reply #34352 | Report this post

avanti  
Years ago

Statman,

Not so fast....

Tonight the channel 10 news reported Willie's agent as saying the negotiations with the sixers "had stalled"...

Reply #34354 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Hmmmm well maybe we have come to terms with someone else.....come on Isaac stop teasing!

Dare we dream of who it could be........

Reply #34360 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

yeah saw that 10 thing as well, its hard to know if they are in the look at all though. I would think that they should look at a 2 year deal with the cash he was happy with and just level out the 2 years as rather that a wage that get bigger in the 2nd and 3rd years.

Reply #34375 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Another thing that I haven't seen reported anywhere, that might make it tough to land big players, but might make fans happier is that the club are not getting involved with contracts that hold European out-clauses. So, the situation with Maher would be that if he gets offered something prior to his official contract with the club, he may stay in Europe, but once he signs to play here, it would be without that escape.

Reply #34406 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

As stated in Boti's article today, quoted from Saunders:
"Our negotiations have been done in a professional manner and we have signed seven players of the roster."

Seven players? Thought only 4 had been done - maybe Smyth and Breheny are making a comeback, would fit in well since they already know the system.

Reply #34435 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:25 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754