Big Sexy
Years ago

NBL Names Dunk Comp Participants

Hurdle, Creek, Abercrombie, Walker and Lazare

Topic #30057 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

oh what a scoop, where did you hear this?

Reply #389389 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

NBL Twitter and also in Boti's around the NBL article

Reply #389390 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Looks pretty spot on!

Thought maybe one of the Cairns rookies might have been there though.

Reply #389401 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Adelaide 36ers big man Pero Vasiljevic has been named as a reserve for the competition should any of the five-man field be forced to withdraw due to injury.

The field for the event was determined by the League office based on nominations from each club.

The Slam Dunk Competition will be held over two rounds, with the top two participants after the preliminary round as scored by the panel of judges advancing to a head-to-head final showdown for the title. The Slam Dunk Competition judging panel will be made up of a group of NBL legends.
Wonder if Rush and Bartlett can still get up?

The teams without representatives are Cairns (Edwards was always talked up as a dunker?), Perth (Bartlett?) and Townsville (Ervin?).

Reply #389403 | Report this post

Daveo  
Years ago

Steindl, Edwards or even Gliddon would have been worth competing from cairns, only name that looks questionable is Lazare. Didn't think he would have anything special apart from power dunks.

Reply #389406 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Blanchfield?

Steindl has the dunk of the year so far, too, against Townsville...

Reply #389416 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

the only one who can do a decent dunk is Benny Lewis, as any Tigers fan can tell you

Reply #389428 | Report this post

tassieballer  
Years ago

I am putting my money on Creek. That kid can fly!

Reply #389447 | Report this post

I swear one Abercrombie can fly. Picking him to win

Reply #389471 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Abercrombie has small hands and can't fully palm the ball but may be surprised. He can def get up.

Reply #389479 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Hopefully the reason Shane Edwards wasn't picked is by the time All Star weekend comes around, he won't be on the team.

Reply #389519 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Benny Lewis threw a couple down tonight against the Breakers and I agree that he should be included also. He's got hops.

Reply #389650 | Report this post

Abercrombie will win, he should try and jump over a car

Reply #390903 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:03 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754