Daveo
Years ago

Cairns v Wollongong

Cairns up 15 at the 3/4 time break, will they hold on for the win or choke like they have done so many times this season after being up double figures?

Topic #30092 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Nothing going Hawks' way so Cairns will be fine.

Reply #389855 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

The refs did their best to keep the Hawks in the game. Every Hawks bucket was a bloody And1, it was ridiculous.

Reply #389865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns shot the lights out. Dewhingeon played horrible and Davidson was useless that's why they won

Reply #389866 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

I'm actually surprised at how little Deleon whinged tonight, kudos to him.

Reply #389871 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

Taipans need to go and watch the tape of their 3rd qtr.
That's what i'm talking about Fearny !

Reply #389872 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

And Edwards actually tried in this one. On many occasions, I saw him jump over a foot off the ground. Loved that chasedown steal, that was sick.

Reply #389873 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I liked when the ref got in the way of the fast break.

Reply #389879 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

yeah,that was Edward's best game so far(not that relevant,more a small/med bonus).....the first 6/8 mins of the 4th is still the problem(when the offence dries up)

taking what the defence gives you....regardless of the set offence is where the Taipans can get an advantage.

Reply #389882 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

isaac, i liked at the start of the game when Davidson looked like he tripped over the 3 point line..... flat on his face with no one around him!

don't start me on the ref's....

Reply #389886 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

The Taipans are still the only sports team I follow that can be ahead by a country mile and I'm still convinced they're going to lose. Nail-biting stuff, despite the 14 pt+ lead they built up.

A few other things I noticed this afternoon:
1. Edwards isn't completely useless. But still not convinced he's got that much to offer, even when he is trying for once.
2. Shaun Bruce has got GAME. Really impressed with him, especially considering his age. I was impressed in pre-season mind, when he expertly 'accidently' clotheslined a Wildcat and nearly broke his nose.
3. Jamar has learned to ahare again.
4. If Cameron Tragardh and Gliddon can rebound like tonight every game we can all stop wishing Ian Crosswhite would come back.
5. What on earth is Dusty Rychart *for*?
6. When Clint Steindl is waiting for the ball he hunches over and flexes his fingers like he's casting a spell. Watch next game, it's hilarious.

Reply #389912 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

CT- good points! Point 5 is evidence of good coaching, american coaching!!! All shooters should be in that stance and 'ready' to shoot!!

Reply #389931 | Report this post

Slopernator  
Years ago

Bruce has absolutely got game, country mile above Williams in many, if not all, respects. Bruce can provide legitimate back up PG play while Williams really only has his fast break game and speed to get back.

Williams' spot has been precarious since the injury and he really is only there by virtue of being a local, there were better free agent PG's available at the beginning of the year. Possible for Fearne to promote a DP at this point in the season?

Reply #389972 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

RE: Deleon not whinging, are you kidding? I forget if it was 2nd quarter or 3rd, but when he was subbed out he threw his mouthpeice halfway across the court, the ref had to grab it and throw it back. Such a shitty guy when things aren't going his way.

Reply #389986 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

All in all, he was good. A lot of calls didn't go his way and he just shrugged them off. For Deleon's standards, he was good last night.

I wish I saw that though. Should've been a technical or something if the ref had to go out of his way to pick up the player's mouthguard. One of the Davidson offensive fouls should have been unsportsmanlike as well.

Reply #390005 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Thought Deleon sucked pretty hard, trying to be the hero. First half, I was out and watching the play by play. Gliddon had 3/3 threes and Loughton hit one too. Deleon subs in and misses three straight shots.

Second half, I watched via NBL.TV. So many solo runs from Deleon - that's not Hawks basketball.

2hard2pass, as I said on Twitter.

Despite the margin (and when it blew out, being even higher), I thought the Hawks looked the smarter team, getting the right looks but just missing a few and having a few other things work against them.

I would've told Rhys Martin to start jacking threes earlier in the fourth as he seemed like the best bet.

Reply #390015 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Oh man Deleon stunk it up tonight. I said before the game that he was well overdue for a bad one and I'm happy it was tonight.

Check out Rhys Martin's efficiency rating compared with all the other Hawks on the box score.

Reply #390027 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

...And see how bad Deleon was. That was the first time this season I've seen him play hero ball in the middle of the game. He normally saves that for the end of the game.

Reply #390029 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Welcome back to the land of the living Spursfan - u making sense again!

Reply #390136 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:15 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754