An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:49 am, Fri 25 Jul 2014 | Posts: 504,803 | Last 7 days: 1,138

Dunk Basketball Uniforms  

Advertising spot currently available.
Minimum three month period (1.5+ million page views, 92% Australian).
Email isaac@triplezero.com.au for rates and options.

Anonymous
Two years ago

B.j0yce to 6ers?

Heard a whisper at game on the weekend that if Marty goes Brendan is in the box seat and is willing to coach for cheap.

I personally dont like this move but what do others think? Perhaps hed be ok if we put a clause in SOJ cant play for us?

(Mod: Sure you did, posting from NSW at your supermarket job?)

Report this topic

Tyrell
Two years ago
15:52 3 Dec 12

Reply #390099

re: B.j0yce to 6ers?

no clause needed, i doubt SOJ would ever want to play in the same team as his father nor would his father ever want to coach him- the crap they've had to put up with in the past has surely put them off it.

Report this post

Mick
Two years ago
15:55 3 Dec 12

Reply #390100

An upgrade, but then again so is my grandmother.

This is the best roster in the league right now, so you would want to make sure the replacement was unequivocally right before assing Marty. They have the ability to win multiple titles if the right guy was at the helm.

Report this post

Anonymous
Two years ago
16:19 3 Dec 12

Reply #390105

oh yeah, and SOJ is the best PG in the country.

Report this post

Anonymous
Two years ago
16:38 3 Dec 12

Reply #390107

Shawn Dennis.......I'll say it again.

Report this post

justin
Two years ago
16:41 3 Dec 12

Reply #390109

I'll take anyone atm

Report this post

Mystro
Two years ago
16:46 3 Dec 12

Reply #390111

Tab Baldwin.

Report this post

Anonymous
Two years ago
17:05 3 Dec 12

Reply #390112

+1

Report this post

skull
Two years ago
17:54 3 Dec 12

Reply #390116

Brendan would be a great asset to that roster....they all need to be held accountable, every time they step on the court.

Report this post

Opt
Two years ago
17:54 3 Dec 12

Reply #390117

I think Pero as a play coach for the rest of the season.

Report this post

Quagmire
Two years ago
17:59 3 Dec 12

Reply #390118

Skull hits it on the head.

Accountable. Johnson had a woeful game, and he needs to be lit up for that performance. Stop tugging your shorts and start getting tough.
Too talented to waste, but needs a mentor to rip him a new one.

Cj and creek, oh my god please give these guys some burn. Crosswell needs to be a coach coz his time in the big game is OVER.

Report this post

orbit
Two years ago
18:29 3 Dec 12

Reply #390123

Please do it!!!!!!!!!!!

Report this post

Anonymous
Two years ago
18:51 3 Dec 12

Reply #390124

Opt is a late entrant for funniest post of the year.

Report this post

Marcus Camby
Two years ago
18:59 3 Dec 12

Reply #390125

Season is still going.

Playoffs still a possibility.

Board has not indicated they have lost confidence in coach.

Yet you guys are already fantasizing about FOSOJ.

Report this post

Isaac
Two years ago
19:16 3 Dec 12

Reply #390126

Marcus, Thomas is talking shit again. Ignore him.

Report this post

Anonymous
Two years ago
19:23 3 Dec 12

Reply #390128

Agreed Quagmire.

Report this post

Anonymous
Two years ago
19:44 3 Dec 12

Reply #390129

I like it! It also means we wouldn't have to listen to him as a commentator! I just cant see us sacking Clarke though because we are inconsistent. We win just enough to keep him around.

Report this post

Loco
Two years ago
19:53 3 Dec 12

Reply #390130

Can't stand j0yce.

Anyone but Marty though.

Report this post

Camel 31
Two years ago
20:04 3 Dec 12

Reply #390131

As I recall Gibson asked for a change a coach clause.
Most likely - Clarke's love child would've too.

Report this post

bretts the man
Two years ago
21:02 3 Dec 12

Reply #390134

Anybody pleeee-ase please -please

Report this post

SRT070
Two years ago
21:39 3 Dec 12

Reply #390135

still rather see Smyth have another crack at it.

Report this post

HoldenV8
Two years ago
22:03 3 Dec 12

Reply #390138

The Adelaide 36ers are 5-5 and in 5th place after 10 games. At the same point last year we were 3-7 and second last (8th). Yes we have a better quality team this year and we probably should be 7-3 and would be IF we'd won both games this weekend as we should have. Even though we're probably 2 games back from where we should be I'd hardly say its time to sack Clarke right now. Most of this team is contracted for next season so I'd see how this year pans out before replacing the coach part way through the season. If we were 1-10 like Townsville then yes I'd say he needs to go ASAP, but not now.

j0yce wouldn't be a bad choice as a replacement. At the very least it would mean he doesn't have a One or Ten microphone in his hands at Hawks home games.

Report this post

BigAds
Two years ago
00:20 4 Dec 12

Reply #390145

I think you are right HV8, it's not time to sack anyone yet, but this past month should have warning bells ringing and contingencies being discussed.

The team has lost three games they should have won and history has shown that winning games against Perth has proven about as useful as painting over a crack; temporary satisfaction but ultimate frustration.

Management should have enough insight to recognise if there is a problem. If they are too ignorant or unwilling to impliment change (if/when required)then the future of this club is grim.

The fan base may have tolerated the past few seasons but the message is clearer now more than ever. The roster is better, the record is better but still significantly less people see value in the experience (average home crowd appears to be down almost 1100 people from last season)*.

Meanwhile in Perth, NZ, Cairns, Melbourne and Woolongong average crowds appear either on par or considerably better than last season. All these teams but Melbourne have retained their coach and the core of their roster for multiple seasons...Melbourne I put down to new venue, new import and aggressive marketing.

Adelaide has the same coaching staff but the starting five has been significantly different every season with only Johnson recieving an upgraded from the bench..Hmmmm

*sourced from Wikipedia

Report this post

eli1
Two years ago
02:06 4 Dec 12

Reply #390146

anyone is better than the current coach. can we piss radford off also? All i ever hear is his voice during the game. U cant hear the players or the coach, not even the guy 2 rows down, but his voice carries

Report this post

Anonymous
Two years ago
07:00 4 Dec 12

Reply #390155

"This is the best roster in the league right now"

No its not. New Zealand has the best roster, blind freddy can see that.

Report this post

Jack Toft
Two years ago
09:34 4 Dec 12

Reply #390169

Good work Big Ads.

I think the average attendance has been:
2009: 4,666
2010: 4,778
2011: 4,852
2012: 4,954

It's been increasing each year, so I can't understand why it would have dropped all of a sudden? Can anyone shed some light why?

Report this post

Anonymous
Two years ago
09:56 4 Dec 12

Reply #390173

New zealand have been very lucky in the past 3 seasons, they have been injury free! Every other team has been hit with there key player's goin down at somd point of the season.

Report this post

Anonymous
Two years ago
10:21 4 Dec 12

Reply #390179

+2

Actually, no. I don't like the 36ers so I'd rather that they didn't get a decent coach.

Report this post

Camel 31
Two years ago
10:29 4 Dec 12

Reply #390181

To those who were raised on Cole Green Davis Maher
less connection with this new team = less attendance

Report this post

Tairy Hesticles
Two years ago
10:37 4 Dec 12

Reply #390185

I'm pretty sure Ian "Moose" Robilliard is looking for an NBL coaching gig at the moment.Perhaps Adelaide should sign him up, and where's Kevin Ratzsch these days? He'd be a perfect fit for the sixers.

Report this post

Anonymous
Two years ago
10:57 4 Dec 12

Reply #390189

Shawn Dennis would be very good

Report this post

Anonymous
Two years ago
11:09 4 Dec 12

Reply #390195

I would suggest 8 sunday live TV games would be the main attendance issue

Report this post

Jack Toft
Two years ago
11:40 4 Dec 12

Reply #390197

The Live games may be a part of it, but I know too many former Gold members that are not going these days as a result of one man.

One of those members pulled out of Best Man duties because the Sixers were playing at the same time. He no longer goes.

Report this post

Camel 31
Two years ago
12:09 4 Dec 12

Reply #390203

'Dwindling crowds due to indolent perfromances by a talented roster ' - Nagy yesterday.

Report this post

Anonymous
Two years ago
12:22 4 Dec 12

Reply #390205

breakers have had injuries bth seasons they won. last year was Abercrombie with his fot right before the finals. The previous year mika hurt his knee inthe first game of the playoffs and was only 50% and they still won. All teams have injuries. There was no luck involved in winning a championship.

Report this post

Camel 31
Two years ago
12:49 4 Dec 12

Reply #390212

Lemanis is pretty good.

Report this post

Mystro
Two years ago
15:41 4 Dec 12

Reply #390257

Penney's back, Mika's knee, Tommy's ankle, Cedrics ankle, CJ's whole body, Cory's weed habit

Report this post

Isaac
Two years ago
16:24 4 Dec 12

Reply #390266

Camel, Lemanis wasn't considered that great a coach by many before their championships. Had to stick at it for a number of years before they got there.

Report this post

Mystro
Two years ago
18:11 4 Dec 12

Reply #390278

I can remember many a "no idea having" NZ journalist calling for Lemanis to lose his job before they won a title, especially the year before where they grabbed Braswell towards the end of the season, Penney was playing amazing Basketball and they went on a decent win streak only to just fall short of the playoffs. Then he went back to back.

Report this post

Reply to this topic

Name Email

Random name suggestion for anonymous posters: Ceres 89

Title
Rules: You must read the Terms of Use. No spam, no offensive material, no sniping at other clubs, no 'who cares?'-type comments, no naming or bashing under 18 players.
Please proof-read your post before submitting as you will not be able to edit it afterwards.

Recent Posts