Isaac
Years ago

Sixers' next three games at home

Perth, Townsville, NZ.

How do you think the results might play out?

This middle section of the season is crucial for Adelaide. The Sydney loss was the start of a four game span at home. The 36ers finish the season with five of the last six games being away from Adelaide.

Topic #30117 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

50/50 against Perth.
Win against Townsville.
Loss against Perth.

Reply #390304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

*NZ

Reply #390305 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

It's quite possible the team will go 0-3.

Perth: After a golden run against the Perth Pussycats, surely Bevo has worked out where he is going wrong.
Townsville: A win should be in the bag and as solid as a Politician's Promise, but then again....how can we invent a way to lose the un-losable game?
NZ: Can't remember the last time the Sixers beat the Breakers, did Phil Smyth have hair? Not that long ago, but the Sixers match up well against them, if the rotations are right.

Reply #390306 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

6ers will be in big trouble after this next 3.Have given no proof that they have any right to go better than 1-2, and potentially 0-3, which would put them in a big hole, considering how tight the comp is. Will tak the ultimate optimist to say they will go even as good as 2-1, which is sad considering at home and wth the roster we have it should be 3-0. Thats the power of Marty Clarke's influence, has this team completely out of whack... 22-44, perhaps soon to be 22-47 OUCH!!!

Reply #390314 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

I can only see us winning the Townsville game but even then I'm not confident we'll get that one. This next 3 weeks is where the Sixers can regain some credibility...will it happen?

Reply #390319 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Kobe, no team with that schedule would be locking in 3-0 at home. Obviously replacing Perth or NZ with a Wollongong or form team where appropriate.

0-3 would be goodbye coach. 1-2 disappointing, predictable minimum. 2-1 would be slight redemption.

Reply #390321 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

1-2, they should beat Townsville - Perth will get their revenge unless the "bogey" factor reaches new levels. NZ seems too strong to get revenge against

Reply #390323 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

When was the last time we beat NZ?

I'm going 2-1, but beat Perth, lose to Townsville, and beat NZ.

Reply #390328 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

My thing is, at home in previous years with equally as stacked rosters, if not slightly less... the 6ers would always find a way to grind out big wins and knock off the best team at the time. Back then 3 straight against top tier teams or there abouts was a lock. I miss those days, the team was so much more entertaining to watch.

Reply #390332 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

I would probably lock in this weeks game too, Wildcats coming of a game against Wollongong on Friday and their obvious lack of ability to beat Adelaide for some unknown reason. Although if Redhage steps up like he did against the Kings and Dunigan can contain your bigs you will want to hope the 3 ball is falling.

Townsville should be a given. New Zealand will probably be a loss.

I think you will go 2-1.

Reply #390338 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

We all know they'll win just enough to keep Marty employed, so 2-1?

Reply #390346 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I would take 2-1, but I think we are staring down 1-2. Unless the wheels really fall off, we are beating Townsville.

If so, that will put us at 6-7, and probably several games out of the top 4. Dangerous period for the Sixers.

Reply #390384 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

If the 36ers happen to lose all 3 do you think they will pull the trigger on the coach or ride the season out?

Reply #390411 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Isaac, I reckon 1-2.

We will lose to Perth with Marty saying how they have beaten them already twice this season, so the loss is acceptable.

We will also lose to NZ in a competitive game (with NZ playing in second gear the whole game) which Marty will use to say the team is improving besides losing two the bottom two teams and a injury plagued Sydney team.

Reply #390429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ride the season out

Reply #390597 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Most likely what we'll see from Marty
is Perth = loss . Townsville Loss . NZ a win .

Reply #391070 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:33 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754