X
Years ago

Farley campaigning for the Massingale spot

On my mobile at the moment so I can't give you direct quotes but the great Willie Farley is imploring 36ers fans on his Facebook page to "make some noise" and bring back number 9. He's had three posts today trying to get some support.

I know his name gets thrown around pretty much every time we have an import vacancy but it seems like he's serious!

Topic #30148 | Report this topic

SamCro  
Years ago

No - don't be silly!

Reply #390904 | Report this post

On massingales money, a spark off the bench for 15mins a game I'd do it.

If only I was on stalkbook.......

Reply #390906 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Are you guys that desperate that you'd get to this level of hope and prayer?

Reply #390911 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He's 37 years old, right?

CJ Massingale, pitched as a veteran was 30 or so.

Larry Abney is 35.

Reply #390912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I must admit im in 2 minds about this,

If he is in game shape and not coming in with injuries ala Abney, he only needs to play around 15 mins a game, maybe let him be the main man with the 2nd unit,I reckon even at 37 he would be ok in that kind of role, and could really light it up for the crowd at times to, he played HSH a couple of years back and still had it, being such a big fan of his back in the day i would love to see it, maybe you could offer him minimum, make sure he is ok only playing 15 mins off the bench, give him a license to score when he is on, and it could easily work for around 10pts in 15 mins.

But on the other hand he's 37 and hasnt played NBL for years, so could easily go the way of Abney, but we are better than the Crocs and he only has to be our 8th man, where the Crocs really needed Abney to be starter/6th man level.

Personally id probably say no, get someone younger, currently playing pro ball in say the d-league, but man the 'basketball romantic' in me would love to see Willie back playing off the bench.

Reply #390914 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I don't know who else they are going to get for 40k or so who can contribute
I mean they have options, but I really can't see them getting a quality player who can do more than what CJ did WHEN HE WAS GIVEN AN OPPORTUNITY.

Only player I can think of is BJ Anthony..But he isn't exactly the answer to the 36ers problems.

Reply #390922 | Report this post

Anonalso  
Years ago

Ira Clark is older than Farley, so was Copeland when he played. Age isn't everything Isaac! Some people can play through age well!

Reply #390923 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Yeah but average in last gig here many many moons ago .
Bring back Brett . Dont laugh all he had CJ doing was sitting in a corner sure Brett can do that and would not stuff it at pressure time.
Seems weird cutting a guy with virtually no court time and a list going to 8

Reply #390931 | Report this post

bk  
Years ago

I don't think it's such a good idea I loved watching farley play but i don't want to see marty ruin my great memories. He has proven time and time again he can not coach veteren players he doesn't know how to identify a players strengths or how to use them. I'm sick of watching marty take good talent and stomping it into the ground with his regimented game plan.

Reply #390933 | Report this post

Singlets  
Years ago

Its also getting boring when every post has people reverting back to Marty and CJ.

Its happened move on .....

Reply #390937 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Better than bringing up Farley again. I suppose it beats Jayson Wells.

Reply #390951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Copeland, D-Mac, Gaze, Mark Davis, Darnell Mee and many others although naturalized have been great still in this league at age 37. Id like to see Farley back, we could do a lot worse.

Reply #390958 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Hey, worth a shot. $400/game payment.

What's the worst he can do?

Reply #390994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One things for sure, he wont take any crap from Clarke and Radford! The od little assistant would HATE Farley's charcater and way he goes about it. For that alone id say bring it, lets be honest, the 6ers arent the most entertaining ticket in town right now. Really boring to watch actually no one to support and get behind individually.

Reply #390995 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

Jayson Wells is 36, still playing in Israel, but I think 40k wouldn't cover him! Also, just read that he is 6'8- i thought he was a guard!

Reply #391022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wells was a pretty good PF that played for the Taipans.

Reply #391045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bring in the Hammer its working at the Kings

Reply #391157 | Report this post

crispy whippet  
Years ago

Id rather shoot myself in the face than see hammer in a sixers uniform. lol. That would be club suicide! p.s if this was an afl team would Clarke have lasted this long?

Reply #391279 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:31 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754