Isaac
Years ago

Wildcats vs Hawks, Dec 7

Perth are comfortable favourites in this one. Is the new import playing?

Should hopefully be a good one. Your tips?

Topic #30151 | Report this topic

Opt  
Years ago

I got perth tipped, Lisch looks pretty quiet at the moment, Dunigen might be a good pickup for dreamteam to earn some cash hes started off good.

Reply #390935 | Report this post

Spursfan  
Years ago

Dunigan is awesome

Reply #390936 | Report this post

Moon  
Years ago

Need to keep Dunigan! The guy can play some ball.

Reply #390940 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

Tyrell's thoughts:

-Dunigan is great, plus got the crowd involved, dunked, blocked, rebounded- great import!
-I like Deleon but he is selfish (play at the end of the second qrtr trying to take on Lisch!
-The vibe I got from the hawks players was that they do not like Deleon!
-Lance Hurdle was great- needs more minutes!
-Well done Perth, good win, great first half defensive effort and great crowd!

Reply #390943 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

A team should nab him once Knight comes back.

Great fight back from the Hawks, but not to be. Wish Deleon knew when to defer to others. The showboating against Lisch was a bit tragic. Would hate to have seen Gordie's reaction as he chews out players and the team for far, far less than that!

I think that freelancing player is valuable to quite a structured Hawks system, but he needs to understand that Wollongong have their success mostly through unselfish play. If it's not your night (5/17 FG), draw the D and move the ball to the guys hitting shots. The Hawks have 4/6 of the top three point shooters (counting guys with 10 or more made shots).

Deleon is shooting 25% from three. In the first half, the Cats defender sagged off him and he couldn't resist the shot.

Reply #390944 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Dunigan offers something the Cats don't have this year even with Knight....keyway intimidation.

You could see the Hawks think twice when going in.

Reply #390945 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

^^

There was one time Saville was about to do a layup/putback but saw Dunigan and backed off and re set up the offence

Reply #390946 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Rhys Martin did it too.

Reply #390947 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Good game!!

Nervous in the 3rd quarter when the shots weren't falling again but got it done in the end.

Deleon needs to recognize when he is on and when he isnt, tonight he wasnt. Gordie shouldnt have gave him the minutes he did.

Dunigan is a good pick up, only complaint would be on defence a few times he looked abit slow to react for the help defence. Crocs will be likely to nab him in a months time.

Reply #390948 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I don't know why the Hawks coach doesn't play Davidson more. He was the only one that could contain Dunigan and he only played 16 minutes. Also Wagstaff killed them inside also so Davidson would have helped out against him as well.

Reply #390954 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

I thought the same but Larry had 2 early fouls and took some heavy contact on a dunigan drive which I think impacted him more than he let on!

Reply #390968 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

You wouldn't find a bigger contrast at the 5 spot to Matty Knight than Michael Dunigan and yet I thought he did a good job of sliding in there with minimal disruption.
He clearly has his limitations but he equally clearly has some serious strengths. I haven't seen players as scared of one of our interior defenders since Majok played here. The difference this time being that Dunigan doesn't seem like a complete tool.
Pity for us that we're now on a 5 week stretch of road games due to Perth Arena being unavailable, so it's going to be away crowds that enjoy his exploits.
But if things go to plan with his game then it'd be great if someone else picked him up when we are forced to release him.

And Tyrell I think you're right about Davidson. I clearly didn't get a great look at the contact he copped because it didn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary, but he was in some serious pain afterwards. Hope he's ok.

Reply #390970 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Looked like he got kneed in the gut by Dunigan.

Hawks got smashed on the boards. Gruber 8, Forman 7 then the other seven players combined for 10 between them.

Reply #390971 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dan, he reminded me of Majok too. Length, interior play, etc. Majok could've had that sort of return in the NBL too, if he didn't get ahead of himself.

Reply #390984 | Report this post

Tairy Hesticles  
Years ago

In my opinion, Deleon lost that game for the Hawks. Rhys Martin was on fire! If Deleon had dished it to his teammates more often, perhaps they could have gone on a scoring tear. I wonder what Rhys Martin said to Deleon as they met each other when Deleon was coming off in the 3rd qtr it was probably something along the lines of "Pass the ball ****!".

Reply #390998 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He has lost them a few games this yr

Reply #391029 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:33 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754