1836er
Years ago

Sixers catching the Kings on the ladder

I have written down the next few fixtures to see whether Sydney can be reached within the next few fixtures. Believe it or not with a good home run Mid January I have a prediction of Adelaide 9-8 with Sydney being 9-9.

At the moment, Sixers are 5 - 6. Kings are 8 - 5.

My prediction for Sixers:

vs Crocs @H (win 6-6)
vs NZ @H (loss 6-7)
vs Crocs A (win 7-7)
vs Crocs @H (win 8-7)
vs Kings A (loss 8-8)
vs Kings @H (WIN 9-8)

My prediction for Kings:

vs Hawks @H (loss 8-6)
vs Perth @H (loss 8-7)
vs 36ers @H (win 9-7)
vs Melb A (loss 9-8)
vs 36ers A (loss 9-9)

I know it is silly to predict results so far ahead, but I do believe we can catch the Kings within the next few rounds. I have accounted for a couple of sixers losses (NZ at home and Kings away)

With Kings I believe the Hawks will fire back and have previously beaten the kings in Sydney. Perth appear to be unstoppable and still won with an average performance for 3 periods yesterday. Sydney will most likely beat us at home but hopefully run out of legs vs Melb on the same weekend away. I also believe we will beat Kings at home.

We need to win 4 of our next 6 fixtures which I believe is very achievable.

Thoughts guys?

Topic #30184 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Xmas come early! Play crocs 3 out of 4 games, just like the breakers. Are the breakers that gd? Or they just got the easy teams 1st up?

Reply #391414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers arent great on the road..

Reply #391415 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

36ers should be aiming to win every one of those games, and could do it. Aside from that late fade and even despite a number of passing mistakes, Adelaide looked in control yesterday. And that's against one of the best teams.

Reply #391417 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Hopefully. We're notorious for droppind games we've penciled in.

Reply #391422 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

That's the problem. Had they beaten the bottom two teams the 36ers are 7-4 and right in the mix. Hard to predict which Adelaide team will turn up, even in a game yesterday where they were the best team they found a way to lose.

Reply #391432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brave predictions, considering how well the Kings played against NZ and will get James Harvey back in a couple of weeks. Amazing how people keep underestimating Sydney - no way will they be 9-9 after the next run of games. 12-6 or 11-7 at worst is more likely.

Reply #391440 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

I dont think 36ers will get 3-0 against the crocs. Probably 2-1, pencil in the game in Townsville as a loss. Might be able to snag the NZ @ home game though if Gibson can shut down Cedric Jackson like he did to Lisch and avoid foul trouble, cant see why not.

Also highly doubt the Kings will go 1-4 in that stretch. Heal has them playing very well and they have proven they can beat Hawks & 36ers, Melbourne should be a given and if Madgen and Henry can find a way around Perth's defence then they could beat the Wildcats too. I would put them at 3-2 in that stretch.

Reply #391444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You guys are kidding aren't you? Kings are playing great bball at the moment. Sixers will o 2-4 at best.

Reply #391457 | Report this post

Tairy Hesticles  
Years ago

Wow 1836er, your extremely optimistic!

I don't see Adelaide finishing in the top four this season unless drastic changes are made.

Reply #391459 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I reckon the top 4 is locked in already unfortunatly, the rest of the teams seem too far back, including 36ers unfortunatly, plenty of games to go, but we cant win the games we need to so cant see us making it, unless coaching change occurs and/or our new import is a star.

Great job by Hammer and Geordie, both teams probably wouldnt have been picked to make the 4.

Reply #391478 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

1836er...

I believe the way the Kings are going, they will likely beat WOL and MEL in your list of games.

It is also EXTREMELY presumptuous to think ADL with go 3-0 against TSV.

Neville is finding his groove being the primary inside target, Ervin is finding form again, and Crawford is flopping unbelievably well.

Look out.

Reply #391522 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

1836er, you equation is missing 1 "minor" component. Sydney is coached by Heal, Adelaide is coached by Clarke.

Reply #391603 | Report this post

eli1  
Years ago

apparently, nobody factored in that cairns are right up our clacker? they might surprise us like they did a few years back

Reply #391630 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:21 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754