Isaac
Years ago

Pat Reidy is new Crocs CEO

@veggleton:

So if you missed #7LocalNews, we can reveal Pat Reidy will be the new Crocs CEO. #NBL

Topic #30192 | Report this topic

Mick  
Years ago

Has a good handle on the local community while also being a local businessman and obviously an nbl legend. What irks me is that he was announced as an assistant last season and quit two weeks before the season because he didn't know how demanding the role would be until after he took it.

It's time for ex players to take hands on positions in this ball club though. We have plenty of them who settled here after their careers finished.

Reply #391571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shit I was hoping Leanne might move on...

Reply #391575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So what are his business credentials??? What makes him suitable to be a CEO??? Please dont tell me its because he's an ex NBL legend...

Reply #391582 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he has run his own business since retiring from the NBL - has recently been working for the Crocs as like a membership ambassador or something.

mick - he didnt leave because of that - he left because of Trevor Gleeson. I thought that was well known!?

Reply #391594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No anon, Mick is 100% correct

Reply #391614 | Report this post

Bball Fan  
Years ago

From running a very very small clothing shop in T'Ville to CEO of the Crocs.....We are in trouble!!

Reply #391648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow, that is some serious credentials...

Reply #391655 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

It may be as bad a move as signing up Anstey as a coach, but let's give him the chance.

Given that there are so many people out there with better credentials, there must have been some other factors which drove this decision.

Obviously they needed someone with the right contacts and prestige who was immediately available.

Reply #391673 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

@anonymous. You are right, he did leave because he didn't want to commit to the amount of work required by Gleeson. He couldn't handle the work load. He was also going through marital issues at the time. Lets hope things have changed and he's willing to put the work in.

Reply #391675 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

The Crocs have stipulated that Reidy's role will be that of General Manager, not CEO, although they haven't specified the distinction between the two job titles.

Reply #391783 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:28 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754