BJF
Years ago

Boomers History on You Tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ojt4pIAZAQI

Topic #30202 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well made!
Like Vlahov's little dig at what could have been done differently!

Reply #391756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #391766 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Tonny Jensen - perhaps the biggest questionable Boomer ever?

Reply #391777 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

orbit... how about... Russel Hinder, Luke Kendall, Luke Schensher, Scott Macgreggor, Daniel Kickert Paul Rees?

Reply #391797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who was the small forward from the tigers who played in 2001? That was questionable.

Reply #391799 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

That would be Daniel Egan.

Reply #391824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't actually believe the people on here. Negative, negative, negative. Instead of enjoying a well made short film on the history of our gutsy basketballers, you want to go on about who SHOULDN'T be in the team! Far out people, how about being positive for a change! How good was it to see Gaze, Vlahov, Longley, Smyth or perhaps marvel at how Sengstock did against guys that were over 7 foot? We are a small nation, yet our basketballers have a history of never backing down and have often beaten teams we should never beat. I for one enjoyed watching that and am proud to remember such great players who did us proud.

Try looking at the good side rather than ALWAYS at the bad who knows you might actually like it!

Reply #391947 | Report this post

Years ago

good watch.

5.13 - love the blue team when someone dropped down from the elbow to score.

7.01 - who has that hair next to lindsay gaze ?

Reply #391964 | Report this post

Years ago

sorry 5.09

Reply #391965 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Good call above Anon.

One underrated Boomer for mine was Mark Bradtke. In fact, I reckon he could possibly be the best big man this country has ever produced, despite the achievements of Longley, Bogut and Andersen. Hogey was just a machine at his peak. I distinctly remember staying up all hours of the morning watching the 1994 World Championships on SBS, and watching him toil away every single game, playing at the centre position, against much bigger opponents. He always gave 100%, and was a massive presence for us, especially on the boards.

Reply #391970 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:38 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754