Daveo
Years ago

Breakers vs Taipans, Dec 13

Cairns heading over to New Zealand for their first match up of the season. Game starts in approx 15 mins. Who have you got?
I'm going to say NZ by 5.

Topic #30223 | Report this topic

Cera77  
Years ago

NZ by 25.

Reply #392104 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

NZ are without Hudson.

Reply #392106 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Damn, the Cairns play some great defence. Fearne is a bloody good defensive coach.

But watching their offence is pain-staking mostly.

Reply #392110 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Cairns play some great Defence???

Are we watching the same game?

Reply #392124 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Dropped Bruce for Williams. Bad move IMO, Bruce was a star against gongers last Sunday.

NZ by 10

Reply #392128 | Report this post

Daveo  
Years ago

Someone wanna tell Loughton to stop shooting more threes than your two shooters Gliddon and Steindl combined?

Reply #392131 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

We were way too good, but interestingly we had 5 less shots. Cedric is NBA ready, if it wasn't already apparent, 11/13- what a show! For however good Fearne is meant to be defensively, his scouting is questionable, why not follow Hammer's lead and play him just like the Kings did!

Nonetheless, when we lose, watch out if we play you next because the three teams- Townsville, Melbourne and Cairns have been slaughtered!

Reply #392132 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

By "him" I mean Cedric Jackson!

Reply #392133 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

congratulations to NBL TV for fucking it all up

Reply #392141 | Report this post

G Rudd  
Years ago

Did anyone else have a problem with NBL TV today. I couldn't get it to work on either of my lap tops or my Tablet? I could only get it to work on my I phone. Better be working for our game against your sixers. Crocs in an upset.

Reply #392143 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Marcus Camby, there were playing great defence until Ced got going!

But seriously, they are the best defensive team in the NBL. Tonight, they just had no defensive answer for Ced.

Their offence is just terrible though. The execution and timing just isn't there. Jamar usually has to take over and run an on-ball late in the shot clock because they don't have another guard that create their own shot (Steindl is a classic example, as is Gliddon and Edwards and how could I forget Grabau and Hill, might as well chuck in Williams as well).

Reply #392145 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hill can create for himself.

Reply #392150 | Report this post

Daveo  
Years ago

How hard would it be for Loughton or Trigger to set some screens to open the shooters up? At the moment they are expected to catch and shoot or catch, dribble to clear room then shoot. No wonder Hill, Gliddon and Steindl can't get an open shot up

Reply #392152 | Report this post

Cera77  
Years ago

Snake coach gotta go.

Reply #392188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many games out ove the 12 they have played are against the bottom 4? The refs, pathetic! Every 1 complains how perth play and the calls they get in perth! Any one watch the game? Unreal, if that had been perth playing the fourum would'nt be this quite about how they play! Think the top 4 is already set, just kings or hawks will miss out.

Reply #392206 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Expected the Taipans to do a little better than a drubbing.

I think Abercrombie's double-figure games have come only against Melbourne and Townsville. Is he not at full health yet? Not being used enough?

Reply #392208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns need someone other than wilson who can create

Reply #392214 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

NBL TV response:

Last night's issue was resolved by Akamai today & should no longer affect services - underlying cause under investigation. Apologies to all
(Akamai is a content delivery network.)

Reply #392252 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Isaac, Hill is averaging 5.3 FG attempts per game this season and 1.6 assists.

That's hardly creating his own shot.

He struggles to even handle the ball.

Reply #392265 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:01 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754