Isaac
Years ago

Josh Bond battling cancer

From Boti's site:

The promising young guard is battling testicular cancer after having his US college dream dramatically cut short over the past fortnight.

And the basketball community - as it consistently does and should take humbling pride in - is rallying around the young man and his family as only a sporting community can.
Basketball SA tonight and tomorrow will have collection tins at suburban stadia for its junior fixtures and his club North Adelaide is selling BOND-6 stickers for $2 each.

They will be available at Adelaide Arena tomorrow for the 36ers-Crocodiles NBL fixture and the Sixers also will wear the sticker on their warm-up tops.

Adelaide players, staff and the club are donating money to Basketball SA's Bond family collection and also donating signed merchandise to the Rockets for the SBL club's further fund-raising efforts.
Full story is worth reading to see the tough sequence of events that led Josh to discover he had cancer.

If you can spare the gold coins, support the fundraising at the Sixers game on Saturday night and at other stadiums.

Topic #30230 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

Its horrible to hear anyone get cancer.

I agree with Isaac, the link is worth the read.

I wish him and his family all the best with this battle.

Reply #392283 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Horrible news.

I've coached against some of Bondys teams over the years. Dropped big numbers on us but more importantly is a great lad, always up for a chat once the game's over win or lose.

Will definately be giving tomorrow night. All the best to him and his family here's hoping he pulls thru.

Reply #392292 | Report this post

Rock  
Years ago

All the best Josh, I know what it's like.......
the huge positive for you is that you value everything around you so much more than before.

Reply #392295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Amazing lad. Why, why, why????

I will be donating and praying hard!!

Reply #392311 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Terrible to hear such bad news. Testicular cancer is the most common cancer in males aged 20 to 39 years and should receive more attention than it does.

I must admit he is one of my favourites in the ABL and I wish him a speedy recovery.. "Just when it looked like North's night was over, enter Bond, Josh Bond"

(Mod: Removed at author request.)

Reply #392320 | Report this post

';'  
Years ago

"nuts" tell me that was not an intended funny?

Reply #392357 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Really? Don't even go there you dick

Reply #392368 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Toft. Legit fuck head for that one... Eat a dick

Reply #392370 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just lost all respect for toft

Reply #392371 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so disrespectful toft, seriously get a grip

Reply #392375 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

My message of support was marred and has been construed in the light it was not intended. For that I am truly sorry and apologise to anyone who was offended.

Reply #392382 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

It was an intended joke. Don't try dig out of the hole... Let us fill it in instead

Reply #392699 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ricey, did you understand the apology?

Reply #392700 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep Bondy needs a shit fight on hoops right now, fucked thing to say, he's been slayed for it and apologised so leave it now.

In future Jack being the clever little clown might be saved for a less sensitive topic.

Reply #392704 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:12 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754