Anonymous
Years ago

Can we PLEASE have an import? Or two!

Topic #30254 | Report this topic

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Points cap only allows 1 import. But also keep in mind how much money the 36ers have to spend on an import. You're not getting a star unless it's for a temp 4-5 game stretch.

Reply #392512 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Yep we went aussie and we dont have the cash (i assume) to get a top flight import. We should have enough on the team to get the job done anyway.

Reply #392518 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Joshuapending, correct. Save for a final role player, the roster is good enough.

The club tweeted a quote post-game from Marty about wanting to have an import signed by the NZ game.

Reply #392521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

save they money, just get an aba guy and use the money to change the coach, will make a more positive impact on the club.

Reply #392533 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

You have Adam Gibson, one of the best SGs in the league...

This roster is good enough. Get production out of Petrie and use Schenscher as a decoy more often to get open shots for your other guys and play with some heart and you can beat anyone. Recognise the mismatch that DJ has against smaller fours and exploit it down low, not on the perimeter. He scored at will early on against Holmes and then never got the ball close to the cup.

Run plays that end with buckets, not ones that look like U12 motion offense training drills that have no actual end to them...

Clarke has no fire in timeouts in crucial situations. He has a smirk on his face and no air of business about him when his team is down three with a possession to go. Where is the passion?

All easy fixes. All the parts are there. I suppose that's why it is particularly frustrating for a Sixers fan.

It is such a luxury to have your bench come on with no visible slump in production. With depth like that you should be riding every guy hard knowing that an equally talented guy can come on and spell him when he needs a blow.

I've said it before, but give this roster to any other coach in the league except for Anstey and you will have a title back in title town.

Reply #392574 | Report this post

kracka_bballin  
Years ago

Import should be here for NZ game, they did have some1 on the way already but family member became ill and player decided to stay home.

Reply #392607 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

With such a stacked roster on this team, you guys surely don't think an import is going to make that much difference do you?

Petrie would start on most teams in this league ffs.

Reply #392615 | Report this post

KracKa BballiN'  
Years ago

Before Creek goin down, no...i didnt think an import was needed. Now however, i dont think theres any getting around it.

Reply #392628 | Report this post

howto  
Years ago

@ Mick. I would say Gibson is predominantly a PG with the ability to combo - like he did at GCB. Prety much agree with the rest you mentioned. Petrie seriously needs more minutes, he plays with intensity and some heart. DJ needs a psychologist on the bench to temper his shooting guard and point guard tendencies.

Reply #392632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You guys are gonna love the import they have lined up, all 6'3 of him. Straight out of college. Id say low impact is best way to put it. Key decisions need to be made in so many ways, but firstly Clarke and Radford cancerous 'we arent the problem' attitude need to be addressed.

Season can be absolutely saved, and with a risk of going into the red a little further, the rewards for the rest of this season and those to come will be worth the short term loss. The 36er faithful although ruthless, are dedicated and loyal to the death, use that as a full proof backup, when spending $ in key areas SOS. The fans will reward moves with there wallets.

Reply #392640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

any name of the import?

Reply #392644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We could get lebron and fat radford would still pull him aside and try to teach him how to play!!! Hopefully the new import has an attitude problem,couldn't care about the coaches and just plays some ball.

Reply #392673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is the import that will be here before the breakers game??

Reply #392707 | Report this post

Louie  
Years ago

It might be Farley. I saw him at the sixers game last night

Reply #392720 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:50 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754