Isaac
Years ago

NBL All-Star Game Schedule of Events

The schedule of events for the day is as follows:

11:00AM - Doors Open (local SA band The Timbers playing outside)

12:00PM -Three-Point Shootout

12:30PM - Slam Dunk Competition

1:00PM – Singer Reece Mastin ('The X-Factor' winner) performs

1:25PM – NBL All-Star Game warm-ups commence

1:40PM – NBL All-Star Game tips-off

2:15PM (approx) - Celebrities and Legends 3x3 game at Halftime featuring Al Green, Mark Davis, Darryl McDonald, Cal Bruton Andrew Gaze, Callam Hann, Wendell Sailor, Brenton Sanderson, Lote Tuqiri, Graham Cornes)

3:15PM (approx) – Game concludes and presentation of Winners Trophy and Game MVP

Topic #30270 | Report this topic

Flinders80  
Years ago

How are ticket sales going, if anyone is in the know?

Reply #393084 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

About 2500 I beleive

Reply #393085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pathetic.....should have been held in Perth this year (and I'm a 36ers fan).

Reply #393086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At what point during the event is the "Sack Marty" chant scheduled for? :-)

Reply #393088 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

I really hate to sound negative about the ASG, but really - the NBL is not ready for this just yet. Unless at LEAST 4,500 show up (and even that is quite small) and it rates well and is actually entertaining - then don't bring it back next year unless the NBL is willing to spend the $$$ required to market it properly.

I have doubts its going to rate well at all, but has the potential to be entertaining if nothing else.

In hindsight, its looking like Adelaide was a poor choice to host the event.

Reply #393092 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

I hear theres entertainment outside starting at 10.30, what type?

Reply #393094 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Perth or NZ would have sold out by now

Reply #393096 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

I don't think it would have sold out in Perth. 11,800 is a lot of tickets to sell. Unless its the Wildcats, Perth people don't really care about the rest of the NBL, and i doubt Nick Marvin and co would have marketed the hell out of this game as well.

Reply #393099 | Report this post

Business  
Years ago

Is it just me or is this the first time we are seeing NBL advertising on TV this year? I've seen quite a few promos for the All Stars game this week which has been great - but where has it been all season?!

Reply #393103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I live in South Sydney and never seen a tv ad

Reply #393109 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The ASG wouldn't have come close to selling out in either Perth or NZ. No one cares about ASG's, it was stupid for the NBL to bring it back especially after losing the Blaze, 8 teams is too few.

In saying that I hope they go all out with the freebies as 2,500 will look terrible on TV especially with the lack of atmosphere for what is meant to be the NBL's showcase event.

The last ASG in Adelaide when Rashad Tucker got MVP (06/07 maybe?) would've only got around 3,500 and the atmosphere was dreadful.

Reply #393116 | Report this post

I agree with Mystro...NZ and Perth would have sold out by the first 10 minutes!

Reply #393120 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Vector would have sold out, I hate the place and would have gone

Reply #393125 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Was Jawai MVP in the last Adelaide ASG?

Agree that it probably wouldn't have sold out anywhere. But Adelaide is a tough market for NBL right now. In retrospect, Perth would've made sense. Trueman could've been picked for the team!

Reply #393133 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

wasnt the best Idea to hold it in Adelaide I could see that> If people barely turn up for the 6ers games there not going to come for this.

Reply #393135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm going but I agree with the comments. The talent level of the league isn't really good enough to have an all star game. Same could probably be said for the dunk comp.

Reply #393137 | Report this post

Hurls  
Years ago

And btw... Reece Mastin????? WHY???????

Reply #393146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Was Jawai MVP in the last Adelaide ASG?"

No, the answer is above.

Reply #393156 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

I think the introduction of Mastin emphasises the shitness of these All Star Games.

Cadee, Goulding, Mastin.

Saying that Mastin could probably hit free throws and not get trapped by Greg Hire.

Reply #393186 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

List of old NBL All-Star games here on NBL Wiki

NBL couldn't have the game in Perth because the Perth Arena has been booked for some tennis tournament.

Would have liked to see Wollongong get it, for once. It's never been held there and they're the lone foundation club!

Reply #393187 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Agree - Wollongong would have been a good choice, but Im guessing its because the league thought the Hawks would be down the bottom this year. They must have picked Adelaide because their crowd support last season was quite good for a bad team. Not this year though...

WIN Entertainment Centre as a venue would have been ideal, and the locals might have supported it better since its never been held there before. And if only 3,000 show up - at least it looks better in Wollongong than a similar crowd in Adelaide.

Reply #393192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nat, I don't think the Hopman Cup tennis tournament in WA starts until later this month.

Reply #393193 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Yeah but they have to bump in and bump out. Plus with xmas and public holidays it may have been too hard.

Also factor in flying most of the players (or in this case, all bar 1 player and 1 coach) to Perth, might have been a bit much in the wallet.

Reply #393197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I doubt is would sell a lot of tickets at any stadium the timing on last shopping weekend before Xmas an midday start its bad planning

Reply #393245 | Report this post

Chris  
Years ago

10 or 12 mins per Q?

Reply #393613 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:09 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754