Isaac
Years ago

Wilson in to ASG as Henry collapses at training

Another NBL ASG player goes down injured, prompting yet another replacement. This time, Corin Henry collapsed at training and Cairns player Jamar Wilson has been called up for Saturday's game.

Exciting Cairns Taipans import guard Jamar Wilson has received a last minute call-up to participate in the 2012 National Basketball League All-Star Game at Adelaide Arena this Saturday (22 December).

Wilson has been called into the North All-Stars side after Sydney Kings guard Corin Henry was taken to hospital on Tuesday after collapsing at practice.

Henry remains in hospital currently undergoing further tests and will be unable to travel to Adelaide with the rest of the All-Stars for this weekend's NBL showcase.

Wilson will be a more than able replacement, as he is currently averaging 15.4 points, 4.9 rebounds and 3.5 assists for the Taipans.

Topic #30283 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hope Henry is ok. whats going on, players are dropping like flies.

Reply #393365 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Yeah, players are dropping faster than Deleon's PER numbers

Reply #393369 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Corin on Twitter:

@Corin4life5: @NBL thanks ill b good .. Hope I still get my jersey and shorts lol
NBL in response:
@NBL: We can take care of that for you. #YouEarnedIt #NBLASG

Reply #393373 | Report this post

Panther32  
Years ago

^^^Hahaha GOLD. Glad the NBL will still give him his uniform!

Reply #393376 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Wilson still in the game?

Reply #393378 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

I see.....'Collapsed'.

Reply #393383 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

FUCK THAT!!!!

BJ ANTHONY should be in the Allstar game lmao ;)

Reply #393388 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

So Wilson still in the game?
Sorry, what?

Reply #393390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Corin is OK - does that mean he will play? Or Wilson still playing?

Reply #393391 | Report this post

Puppy  
Years ago

Is Henry going to play I ASG if he's ok?

Reply #393394 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

If only they gave some sort of answer to that question in the article....

Reply #393401 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

With Jamar @ the point (even off the bench), expect the game to be sub 100 points / team as he will dribble the ball for 22 seconds and give the hot potato to some poor soul to either get the TO for 24 sec or +1 FGA.

Reply #393404 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

Sorry but this all stars game is becoming a some stars game! Interest fading... Fading... Gone!

Reply #393408 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Because Wilson is in for Henry?!

Nice job supporting the league.

Reply #393409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Personally I've got no problem Wilson coming in he is an elite player in this league. The Steindl & Cadee stuff is still hard to swallow though.

Reply #393413 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

This is worse than when Mr Burns put tried to put together that softball team!

Reply #393414 | Report this post

Tairy Hesticles  
Years ago

So many Negative Nancy's sooking about the ASG, Wilson is a great player and deserves the opportunity.

Reply #393416 | Report this post

NBLkings  
Years ago

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!
NOT CORIN!
DAMMIT!

Reply #393419 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Jamar WAS a very good player, this year he is still a good player but not worthy of all-star status.

It is an indictment of the league that he is in the All-Star game, but granted not as big an indictment as Cadee and Goulding.

Reply #393423 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

Isaac I do support the league I go to as many 36ers games a possible... All stars don't interest me as its not an important game, players just muck around. The nba all star game hardly interests me, I like to see players play hard and for something!

Reply #393426 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Henry is ok at the moment, but more tests are being done. So he's 100% out of the All-Star game. Wilson is due to fly out in about half an hour

Reply #393428 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

BALLER#3, but you were interested before Wilson came in for Henry?

Marcus,

It is an indictment of the league that he is in the All-Star game, but granted not as big an indictment as Cadee and Goulding.
So, when a quarter of the league needs to be picked, and there are injuries, it's bad that a 14+ PPG guy is getting a go?

Reply #393429 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Isaac, you're just a sourpuss that won't let people wallow in their negativity and self-pity.

Reply #393432 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

It's negative and self-loathing to not care about an All-Star game?

For my liking, it's not very entertaining and is a waste of time and money.

Come at me, 'Irrationally-Support-Basketball-Nazis'!

Reply #393439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've bought tickets to this game to support the league, but I hate all-star games.

I have front row tickets and no one can come with me, busy with Xmas events or working.

Can't even give a ticket away......

Reply #393440 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I was all for it a few months ago but it's quickly becoming a joke. Isaac needs to drink some haterade and jump on the bandwagon

Reply #393443 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

I understand the position of those who support the All Star game and those that don't. I guess I'm a basketball tragic as I don't care which NBL players get a jersey.

If there's an NBL sanctioned game being played in Adelaide, or anywhere else for that matter, and I can attend, then I'll be there. Plain & simple. We shouldn't take these things for granted. One day it might be gone (hi all you fans in Brisbane, the Gold Coast, Newcastle, Canberra, Hobart, Western Sydney, Geelong and Singapore)

Furthermore I only get to see the non-Adelaide based players live twice a year, so it will be nice to see some of those other guys let their hair down and have some fun. Usually I have to 'dislike' them because they're intensely focussed on denying my team a win, on this occassion I don't have to care who wins. That's worth the price of admission.

Reply #393452 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Isaac...I concede your point that due to the size of the league + injuries, players not originally thought of as All-Stars have to step in.

I am lamenting the downgrade of this game's credibility when players of such calibre are invited to play (yes even considering the extreme circumstances).

Reply #393456 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

'440, I'll take the ticket and find someone, to prove you wrong. Or do you mean that you can't give it away only to select friends who are already booked?

Reply #393458 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I just think it's a shame a number of very good players are not playing when some questionable selections are.

I dont think an eight-team league should have an all-star game, but if the game and dunk comp are entertaining then I guess it was a good idea. We'll see on Saturday.

Reply #393463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac - friends, but by friends I mean the guys at the club I used to coach at, the ones I currently play at and about 20 guys in my office I've asked (ie a lot of people who would want to go to a game usually). Not giving it to you as don't want to go by myself.

Although if I dont have any takers by tomorrow night I'll probably be giving my front row tickets away on here.

Reply #393467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My point being it's an awful day to have it on. Saturday night would have been much better timing.

Reply #393468 | Report this post

X  
Years ago

Anon, have I ever told you how much I rate your posts? They're awesome. I think you're a really good guy and I consider you one of my closest friends on here. Just wanted you to know.

PS I don't have a ticket yet.

PS Shotgun.

Reply #393474 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Anon , I went off , my fists in my torn pockets.: . My only pair of trousers had a big hole . Tom Thumb in a daze , I sowed rhymes as I went along . My pub was at Port Adelaide...rhyming in the midst of fantastic shadows , like lyres I plucked the elastics of my wounded shoes , one foot near my heart .

Reply #393476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha, you might get both of them X. If none of my mates go they will be up on here first come first served.

Reply #393482 | Report this post

Mr Paparazzi  
Years ago

To be honest cant wait to go see our first All Star game back yeah there is a couple of replacements that are dubious to say the least but should be an awesome day.

Cant wait to meet a heap of different players and see what the dunk comp holds even without Mitch

Reply #393484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yawnfest

Reply #393511 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:48 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754