NBL Fan
Years ago

Brisbane Bullets Bid?

Does anyone know what is happening with the Brisbane Bullets bid and when it will be announced if it is successful or unsuccessful?

Topic #30289 | Report this topic

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

The Bullets will not play in the 2013-14 season. Possible for the 2014-15 but still a long way to go.

Reply #393537 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

This is very annoying. I have been waiting years for the Bullets to come back.

Reply #393539 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Were they trying for next season or were they aiming for 2014/15 season?

Reply #393540 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

While obviously theyd like to be in as soon as possible, it seems theyre focused on getting equity partners rather than a specific date for putting the bid up.

Reply #393546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they will replace the 36ers ;-)

Reply #393549 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

If they replace the 36ers, you can bet your house that they won't put up 'Sack ' threads after every loss.

Reply #393553 | Report this post

Sixerfan  
Years ago

So the NBL will stay at 8 teams for 2013-14? Thats a real shame.

Reply #393560 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

Still need more investors. we were hoping to have our licence application in last week. we have changed our investor proposition, so we will take an investor with as little as $50k. we do have some major sponsors who have committed, infact sponsorship isnt our problem, its getting the investors.

Reply #393570 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very, very dissapointing

Reply #393593 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

One of the most marketable names in sport.
Certainly hope they can make it back.

Reply #393603 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We hear that they will be back year after year and it never happens :(

Reply #393604 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Another of supporting a team that I don't really care about. :(

Reply #393614 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

*year

Reply #393615 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bring back the Brisbane Bullets .

Reply #393642 | Report this post

Gardenia  
Years ago

The writing was on the wall a few weeks back when the call went out to fans asking for equity partners. That's just not happening if a team has a solid financial base.

Eddy, why did you need to be so damn greedy? Sigh.

Reply #393805 | Report this post

Gardenia  
Years ago

Props to the basketball fans of Wollongong (population 292k), Townsville (174k), and Cairns (153k) for supporting their teams.

My home city with a population of 2.2 million just cannot get it done. What an embarrassment.

Reply #393806 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

We are trying guys, its very difficult in brisbane to attrack the corporate $. Ask the brisbane Broncos, i can tell you they have been down on sponsorship $ the last couple of years, Qcup teams the same issue. At the Gabba they are offering cheap corporate packages to fill corporate facilities at the cricket, the corporate dollar is very hard in brisbane at the moment and no one is prepared to put up the full $ for a basketball team. infact thats not our business plan, we want more then 1 owner, we cant have another Eddie Groves if and when we come back into the league.

Reply #393994 | Report this post

Gardenia  
Years ago

Hi Sitiveni. That frustration wasn't directed at you or anyone else involved with this bid. You're the coolest bunch of people on the planet as far as I'm concerned.

I don't understand this apathy within the community towards our sporting franchises. It's all pervading though, with no end in sight. Depressing is what it is.

Reply #394010 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

We are not angry at you, we just want our team back.

Reply #394072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sitiveni
Is it a possibility looking overseas for corporate support - ie- Asia where basketball is popular. Surely the possibility of being a part of a professional sporting club in Australia must be of interest? Particularly at a lower price than what would normally cost in a larger country's market?

Reply #394596 | Report this post

Mossy  
Years ago

How about a community-owned scheme where anyone in Brisbane could buy a piece of the club for say $100?

Average attendances for the Bullets used to be around 4000 people.

Therefore 4000 people x $100 = 400,000

Reply #394958 | Report this post

Gary  
Years ago

Is there anyway that the public can register there support which provides updates etc so we 'the public' can work as the Bullets Bid advocate to the rest of the public including corporates...there is a heap of people out there keen on this and I've seen huge improvements in administration alone at an association level (ie Auchenflower)that makes me think that Australian Basketball (specifically in Brisbane) has made huge strides towards getting some faith back.

Reply #399468 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:27 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754