Opt
Years ago

Ken cole bid to buy 6ers

Just reported he's offered around 750k 7news

Topic #30292 | Report this topic

Ushiro  
Years ago

Saw it, but will it go ahead. Think Cole has been involved in similar concepts before that have been proposed but didn't go ahead.

Would certainly be a very positive step forward - one can only hope.

Reply #393587 | Report this post

Wayne  
Years ago

Please please please bring back the cow boy hat!

Would he coach?

Al green and bill jones as assistants?

Dwayne Nelson floor wiping?

Free cookies at half time?

750 k seems like a price that would be accepted, not that I have any knowledge what a franchise that is seemingly losing money would cost.

Thoughts?

Reply #393589 | Report this post

';'  
Years ago

Woul;d bring a new meaning to having the munchies at half time....

Reply #393590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How deep is Ken's pockets?

At least with Darryl it's been stable. I reckon the club currently loses more than that per year. Could Ken sustain that level of financial lost?

Reply #393596 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

With NBL team ownership (wholly or partial)....I think you have to LOVE the game, LOVE the team but have less love for Money, yet you gotta have money.

I wish Ken allt he best if he gets it, and hope he has the funding to be more than a one / two year sensation.

This is the last thing that the NBL needs.

Reply #393600 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

We didn't call him KING COLE for nothing!!

Reply #393602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

would he be prepared to invest with the current owners?

That would be the ideal for me, and could be the cash injection the club needs to solve a few issues.

Reply #393605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does Marty come with the 750K deal or is he extra?

Reply #393611 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

Isn't one of the conditions of ownership under the new governance model that an individual can only have as much as 49% equity & there needs to be at least 3 owners?

Reply #393622 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Marty must be retained so the Sixers can 'stay the path' towards a playoffs.

Reply #393624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fixed:

Marty must be retained so the Sixers can 'stay the path' towards the wooden spoon.

Reply #393628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This would be GREAT for the League.

He will probably coach no doubt.

Dont forget, he was the Genreal Manager AND THE COACH when he was at the Newcastle Falcons for 3 or 4 years. HE CAN DO IT.

Reply #393640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

*General

Reply #393641 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Marcus.....I'm starting to think you are really Marty Clarke. You have the same initials at least.

Reply #393643 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

As for Cole's bid.....if he has the cash in his own bank account or the financial backing at least then good luck to him. The Adelaide 36ers need someone who has a boundless passion for the game and the club. Even if he only buys into the SOS it'll a good thing IMO.

You know, I don't think Cole will ever forget the amount of public support he got when the club wanted to sack him back in 1986. The board back then used the marijuana incident as their reason to get rid of him but us fans didn't give a rats backside about it, we love the guy (still do 26 years later) and what he did here. What the `86 payers said on "The Golden Era" DVD was dead right, Cole as coach was more popular with the people of Adelaide than even the players were back then, and for a sports team that's pretty rare. Even during their championship run in the 80's Lakers fans would have loved Magic & Kareem more than they did Pat Riley.

Reply #393644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bring signs to the All Star game "BRING BACK KEN COLE"

Reply #393650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ken loves basketball no matter what,his passion for the game is awesome,hope he wins the bid ,or get the coaching gig at the sixers ,I believe someone like him will bring people back to basketball.i hope king cole wins this bid.

Reply #393671 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

Who is Marcus Camby????? His support for Clarke is unrivalled. His posts must be satire, surely he is not still serious?

Reply #393689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nah he is taking the piss, just a very odd type of humour.

Reply #393700 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Are SOS looking at selling otherwise it is a mute point really. I heard Ken Cole is suffering terminal cancer so the headline he is looking a purchasing the club seems strange IMO.

Reply #393779 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ken Cole having money and enought to buy the Sixers? "I'd like to see that". Typical media beat up. The SoS are dodgy enough as it is now, without having Cole wave his spectre around the club again.

Reply #393900 | Report this post

ankles  
Years ago

640 - unfortunately your argument for Ken Cole is also your argument against Ken Cole.

Whatever happened to the Falcons? Many would argue Ken Cole did. Some would argue single-handedly destroyed the club - certainly their reputation in the town.

Not to worry - would be about 1000-1 to actually happen.

Reply #394170 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:43 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754