cavolo7
Years ago

T Wolves - my new 2nd Team?

Loved watching Rubio in his rookie year in the NBA and was disappointed for him and the game when he went down with his knee.

Since his return, I've been watching a little more of the T Wolves and am coming to really like the team they've put together and the grumpy Alderman prancing the sidelines.

Love the fact they've got a number of internationals in there, but have also noticed that the whole team is almost white!! I cannot recall a more white NBA team ever (9 players total)!?! I know a few Utah Jazz teams come close in the late nineties (Stockton, Hornaceck, Foster, Oostertag etc), but here is what the T Wolves have with an asterick next to them if they're international:
Love
Kirilenko *
Rubio *
Barea *
Shved *
Pekovic *
Ridnour
Budinger
Stiemsma
Amundson

That only leaves: Derrick Williams, Dante Cunningham, Malcolm Lee and Brandon Roy who I think has retired again?
I really enjoy seeing how hard and the non-fuss way Pekovic goes about it, and the overall team basketball they play. I think they're a fun team to watch and will be interested to see as Rubio's minutes increase, how the team goes in adjusting to him, as well as Budinger to come back in and Love to get back playing regularly. They're currently 13-11...

Topic #30308 | Report this topic

themvpiskb24  
Years ago

International players don't count as 'white'.
Roy is back practicing again. Josh Howard and Will Conroy were on the team but Howard was cut due to ACL tear and Conroy was waived to make room for Howard to replace Budinger while he is out.

They're my favourite team to watch since last year :)

Reply #393897 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

The Cream Team

hahaha

Reply #393911 | Report this post

Opt  
Years ago

^ ohh man I just pissed myself

Reply #393916 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Good call, alexkrad!

Reply #393974 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:31 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754