Anonymous
Years ago

Barca Said To Be Unhappy With Jawai

The news in European sports media is that if Barca can sign another center before the Euroleague Top 16 starts, then they will cut Nate Jawai from their team.

Apparently, they are not happy with his poor defense. If they can't work out a deal for a new center before the Euroleague Top 16 starts, then they will keep Jawai, but his role is going to be decreased for the rest of the season, unless he improves his play on defense.

Topic #30313 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Years ago

lol.

Reply #394073 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Source?

BTW Jawai is currently injured, and will likely miss the Top 16 opener:

http://www.euroleague.net/news/i/106090/180/barcelona-center-jawai-sidelined-with-ankle-sprain

Reply #394074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting.

Jawai: 14mpg, 6.5ppg @ 69%, 46% ft, 3.9rpg

Ingles: 18mpg, 6.2ppg @ 47% (32% 3p), 68% ft, 1.9rpg

Perhaps they'll sign BJ Anthony?

LOL

Reply #394077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha you have any source/links to the media news? That's not good at all.

Reply #394079 | Report this post

Years ago

He started the other day v cska

Reply #394086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think anonymous just might be Joe Ingles....

No longer the best Aussie playing for Barca.......

Reply #394099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd like to think that if a Kiwi was "reportedly" struggling at a major overseas club I wouldn't type "LOL" in a fit of immature nationalism.

Having said that, when Barcelona inevitably replace Jawai with that highly touted athletic beast BJ Anthony I'll be the first to wish him the best.

Reply #394100 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

haha this is surely a joke, Nate has been huge for barca this year. He is currently injured.

Reply #394109 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hi Joey!

Reply #394113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mystro - such a douche you are!

Reply #394114 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Lmao

Reply #394139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So people here actually think that Barca would be happy with being in 8th place in the Spanish League, despite having the 3rd biggest budget in Europe?

You do realize that if Barca finished say in 10th place (they have the SAME record as the team currently in 11th place) that they would automatically be kicked out of Euroleague under the league's rules?

Yeah, I am sure there is absolutely nothing at all that team could possible be upset about..............

Reply #394218 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

They are the best team outside of the NBA apparently ;)

Reply #394224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A 7-7 Spanish League team is "the best team outside the NBA"......................OK

Reply #394601 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:40 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754