Bizzy
Years ago

Avery Johnson Fired

Avery Johnson has been fired by Brooklyn after a 14-14 start - this however came after an 11-4 start and have gone just 3-10 since.

Johnson Fired

I get the feeling this may have more to do with Deron Williams and how he bitched recently to the media about the iso heavy offence Johnson runs compared to what was run in Utah.

Topic #30343 | Report this topic

Bear  
Years ago

Seriously, is there a chance the coach's form has dropped down that low to cost them so many games after such a good start? I think not!!

Lopez injures himself and comes back less than 100% and Derron isn't a happy camper so they blame the coach...

What a meat market the NBA is. Oh well, he leaves with $12Million in the bank and doesn't have to put up with the N.Y. media and fans any longer, can't be too unhappy...

Reply #394264 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Avery lost the confidence of his star guard.

Thankfully this is not the case with the 6ers.

Gibbo, Caddee and indeed ALL players have unwaivering support Marty and Mark.

Reply #394274 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

^ lmao

Reply #394285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah they appear to in the media Marcus Camby, and look where that has got the 36ers.... the season is done and your boy Clarke is a dead man walking in the coaching market.

Reply #394297 | Report this post

rhea70  
Years ago

Marcus Camby, any little credibility you had left has just gone out the window.

This is getting ridiculous.

Reply #394299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marcus Camby= "Coach" Clarke's son

Reply #394301 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Hey I'm just going by whats in the press.

They have come out in support of their head coach, which is stark opposite to what Deron has said in his public statements.

By all means, call me out if I am sock puppeting the players, but they themselves have come out of their own free will and offered support.

Reply #394310 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

Deron has now got to have the coach killer tag put on him. Funny thing is what big name coach is now going to want to coach him?

Reply #394324 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

Devon has no one to blame then himself. If goes out there making public statements undermining the coach and questioning he's tactics and not raising them to him privately, then of course critics will look to him when the coach gets fired.

From what I have read it was ownership's decision. But I have never been much of a fan of GM Billy King from his day with 76ers. He replaced coach's in his tenure like he replaces underpants after Larry Brown left. So it's didn't surprise me that he jumped on the bandwagon with no hesitation.

To sum it up is a statement from former Nets coach john calipari "In the NBA. A coach being fired is a matter of if not when".

Reply #395052 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:43 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754