Thomo
Years ago

Meeting with Sanders and Admin

(Mod: This post is not available.)

Topic #3035 | Report this topic

Bond, James Bond  
Years ago

Why has the chance to sell the sixers and loose the debt that basa has been passed away.

Reply #34697 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

is that a fact bond, the last thing i want to do is put forward a rumour that is not true all it does is damage the perception of the fan

if theres proof i will definetly put forward this question

stephon and kent you guys have the finger on the pulse is there fact to this

Reply #34702 | Report this post

Stephon  
Years ago

No idea re any syndicate wanting to buy the 36ers. The only info I had re that was the article Isaac referred to several weeks ago.

I'm not convinced it would be in everyone's interest in selling the 36ers and while the 36ers are certainly in a process of cost cutting (or being more financially responsible depending on your view) we are still a step ahead of most other NBL clubs.

Adelaide United are brought up as an example but this state has waited ages for a united soccer team. Combine this with the huge money that Pickard has provided and I'm not surprised.

However, what would happen if the consortium was like the Fiddes' led Giants or the Cannons of a few years back or even Hunter that almost left the league again?

I'd rather a cut back team (that still features 3 MVP candidates, 3 of Australian basketball's brightest prospects and a couple of decent role players) that I know will be around in 10 years than read a Nagy article about how the consortium is thinking of selling the franchise to somewhere like the Gold Coast because no money is being made.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that change isn't necessary or a split of the management of the 36ers to the rest of BASA wouldn't be a positive but private ownership might not be the saviour that is being talked up lately.

Re chance to get rid of the debt, the debt has remained from the time the Dome was built. I don't believe any of the previous managements of the 36ers have done much about it.

Present management appear to be trying to do something about it. However, a bit of a catch 22 situation as cost cutting is inevitably followed by fan and sponsor backlash.

Reply #34704 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Reply #34712 | Report this post

D-lin  
Years ago

Ask him why ticket prices haven't been reduced this year?

Reply #34714 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Ask what exactly there marketing team do to try and attract more sponsors or fans? Because i must have given my email address on the form 20 times but no damn response

Reply #34716 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Why did we not speak with Mark Bradtke when he was a free agent? Given Brisbane's roster, it seems as if he is more affordable than most people think?

Even if he's not, how would we know that without finding out his terms?

Feel free to edit the question as you see fit.

Reply #34719 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

WOuldnt surprise me if bradkte is worth as much as you really think brisbane would be over the cap ....or getting things outside of his sallery ... look at the roster and tell me nothing is going on

Reply #34722 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Reply #34723 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Maybe you could take Boti with you Thomo? Now that would make for a fun meeting :)

Reply #34725 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Are the 36ers using 100% of the cap this season?
If not why not?

Did Adelaide put an offer to, or approach:
Mark Bradtke
Darnell Mee
Derek Moore?
If not, why not?

Will $15 tickets be on offer to spectators this season?

Why do all season tickets cost the same? surely the nose bleed section should be cheaper than seats closer to the court?

Where do the 36ers see their improvement coming from this season, considering they haven't substantially bolstered their line up?

Who are the 36ers chasing to replace Paul Rees? (I pray he doesn't say Blake "the Doctor" Truslove)

There's a couple for ya!

P.S. tell him:

Congratulations on signing Brad Hill!

Reply #34728 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Ask him where he is putting his next job applications into. Also ask him what it is like to have most of the basketball community hate his guts and what it is like to help destroy basketball in this state. Ask him if he is nervous about the possibility of not being in his job in a month or so.

Reply #34730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why are the interesting new things (this site, the academy, and the talking hoops radio show) coming from outside of basa? the 6ers forum has had about 900 messages altogether, but this one gets more than that every week. i think that says something.

Reply #34731 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

stephon or isaac would you be interested in coming along

and thanks for the questions people keep them coming, dont hold back im not gonna just ask wishy washy bs questions i want to hit him up with hard ones

Reply #34733 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Reply #34739 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Truth, Bradtke may be expensive, but my point is, we don't know that. He is in the twighlight of his career, and we may have been able to offer him some security (a 3 year deal, at reduced yearly salary) in exchange for a lesser contract. May never have happened, but we will never know.

I wouldn't mind Bradtke coming off the bench, or starting and splitting minutes with Coops.

We could look at getting a young raw Aussie big. Imagine the value of traing against Bradtke every day as a young Centre.

Nutwork, I don't see Blake as the saviour of the Sixers, but as a decent role player to fill a spot where we currently have NOTHING.

Reply #34740 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Reply #34741 | Report this post

Stephon  
Years ago

Thanks also Thomo. I've had my go as well and would probably be better if you took some other interested fan who hasn't had a chance to ask their questions or have their questions answered directly.

If no one else takes you up on your offer then let me know and I might reconsider.

Reply #34746 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

Not contstructive at all but:

"Why are you such a tosser?"

Springs to mind.

ShaneD

Reply #34749 | Report this post

Northerner  
Years ago

Ask him what the penalty is/are for breaching the salary cap in ABL, and what they hoped to achieve out of it.

Reply #34750 | Report this post

The Taperoo Kid  
Years ago

Watch out Thomo, he might try the "Hey look over there!" and then run off in the other direction.

Reply #34754 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

there are so many issues here where sixers management seems to have failed us, however if they dont recognise their own failures, they wont strive to improve.

Perhaps try to ask ihm direct questions on policy and strategy of management.

E.g. - what is the strategy used in signing and re-signing players.

- what is managements policy and stragegy on its marketing.

- what is the short-term and long-term goals of management in regards to its debt situation.

- what/if at any plans are management making to imporove grass roots basketball in SA?

you may not get asnwers to any 'hard hitting' questions, but it would certainly hold management responsible in the future, through failure to implement or act on any of these outlined strategies/policies/actions

Reply #34756 | Report this post

Phadreus  
Years ago

Ask Him

1/ Are you going to tell me what I want to hear and then do nothing about it in response to these question?
And if he answer "No of course not."

2/ Are you willing to let me put this interview on tape so that I can write it down later without error?

If so then 3/ Can I get a guarentee, say your resignation, if you do not follow through on any of the statements that you provide me with now?

Reply #34757 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

I'm interested to know why he thinks crowds have dropped so dramatically in the last 2 or 3 years despite solid on court results.

And what do they propose to do to return to weekly sellouts?

Very broad question I know but straight to the point. He might give a round-a-bout answer and a lot of excuses but I am intersted to hear a) whether they have a realistic idea of why crowds have dropped and b) if they have any decent plans to turn it around.

Reply #34758 | Report this post

Northerner  
Years ago

Print out the "Answers" sheet Yogee posted on here to his Q&A session he had earlier this year with The Groundhog and hold him accountable to the answers he gave back then.

Reply #34775 | Report this post

Kid Kanobi  
Years ago

Is it possible for your administration to do a worse job of producing the State Championships next year? If so exactly how?

Reply #34776 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

As far as Bradtke goes, Phil Smyth himself said that he was after $150K and the club was in no position to spend that sort of money on him. As much of an asset to the team he would have been, I wouldn't be tying up $150K of cap space on this one player. Don't forget we still have Farley & Maher to sign up. What would have been left for these 2? As it is Farley is reluctant to sign up because the money is not good. I would be giving priority to Farley over Bradtke. In this case I am convinced that management did the right thing in not approaching Bradtke. I just wish they would give Farley a bit more, so he can come back.

Reply #34788 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

Thomo:- I would focus on Marketing (or lack thereof). What plans do they have to advertise the product, get players onto TV and into the papers regularly, increase sponsorship, fill the stadium, create excitement and involvement all around Adelaide, etc, etc?
I go to Cairns in September every year - Taipans players are regularly in the papers and/or on TV, there is plenty of hype over future games and the season's prospects - and this is all pre-season!! Everyone knows the players' names. Why can't (or don't) they do any of this?

Reply #34819 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:25 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754