skud
Years ago

Basketball Commentary

I have to ask if anyone knows, why the heck basketball commentary is 70% unrelated to the game. NBL.tv, Ten, NZ broadcasts all do this.
I understand not every action in the game needs to be spoken about but do we need to have completely irrelevant discussions!!

Topic #30353 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

People complain about commentators just describing the action.

Reply #394464 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Meh.

Reply #394516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep I hate commentators describing the action, I can see that myself.

Reply #394556 | Report this post

SMA  
Years ago

The bi-play is better than big blocks of silence!

Perhaps give Carf access to a telestrator. Second thought he'd probably get caught writing down cheerleaders phone numbers.

Reply #394560 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

In the Euroleague and ACB it is a play-by-play style which brings excitement to the game. I like a mixture of play-by-play and conversation, something Clinton Grybas had down pat.

Really though, a commentator has to do what he is good at. Carfino does way too much description because he is terrible at it, he is almost bearable on the occasions where he is more conversational.

Reply #394566 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've done both radio and TV play-by-play... it's not that easy... but I like to think that I'm competent at it.

The mix of describing what's on the screen in TV and holding a conversation with your analyst is a fine line.

Radio is easier, paint the picture.

Reply #394702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hi,dear all.

Do you know where to buy cheaper basketball?

Please kindly advise.

Reply #395147 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:05 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754