nbl Kings Fan
Years ago

how much money would nbl imports make?

how much would the top nbl imports make per season?
(like corin henry, johhny flynn, ect)

Topic #30377 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

$5.

Reply #395175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Id say Flynn would be on 150k

Henry about 110k

Reply #395220 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

NBL imports range from around $40K to up near $200K. Henry is at the bottom, Flynn and Jackson closer to the top.

Reply #395235 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Henry is a lower paid import. Ervin, Jackson & Flynn are the 3 highest (and i believe highest paid players overall)

Reply #395240 | Report this post

nbl Kings Fan  
Years ago

nbl players are seen as low paid athletes, but if you think about it, $200,000 a year is still heaps good money, 4 times the average wage

Reply #395243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was interested to read Henry is at the lower end, is there a particular reason for this? For mine, his performance has been impressive this season.

Props to him for re-locating himself halfway across the planet for a paltry $40k.

Reply #395312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Henry only played in Denmark before the nbl so wouldn't be too expensive (partly why sydney would have got him)

Reply #395326 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

he could have stayed in the States and got less or worse nothing.

Reply #395328 | Report this post

nbl Kings Fan  
Years ago

i would say corin would make more than 40 k, i would amagine he would make at least 70 k

Reply #395338 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Corin's pay is higher than 40k. But still on the lower end of the import payroll.

Massingale & Abney were on league min (no surprise there)

Reply #395342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You would think so no way would Henry leave Denmark to come all the way to Australia and relocate for $40K.

Abney was playing in NZ and looking for one last pay cheque, Massingale who was on $37K had been here for years already, just a decent paying gig in between SEABL seasons.

Reply #395345 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

'312, you do realise that he signs a contract before playing, right? It's not as though the Kings say "nice stats, let's double your money right now."

Reply #395355 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

To put some other perspective on where the NBL sits..............
8 teams x $1.6m salary cap = $12.8m for the whole league.
That is about half of what Kobe would be on I am guessing !!

Reply #395405 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

@Spinner - Kobe earns $27,849,149 this season from his NBA salary. From memory, his gross income regularly exceeds $100mil/pa.

I was surprised about Henry's salary too, though I guess it makes sense given his modest playing background prior to this season.

Reply #395407 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Almost everyone labeled Henry a bust before the season started, he was largely unknown and so while the Kings front office have a lot of faith in Shane Heal's scouting ability they weren't prepared to fork out a lot of money for someone well below 6ft and next to no history. So it's expected.

If he stays for next season I'd expect him to demand more money.

Reply #395466 | Report this post

BJF  
Years ago

One way of looking at this is per game.

NBA min wage is $5775 per game

If that wage was in the NBL the player would be on $161,000

You can argue that some players in the NBL do indeed earn more than those in the NBA on a per game basis.

Reply #395474 | Report this post

Hydra 15  
Years ago

@ Isaac, yes I'm aware contracts are agreed to prior to the season but I'm still a bit surprised at him being so low on the wages. He has been producing pretty much from Day 1, so I assume there must've been some indication prior to the contract being signed that he had this quality.

Perhaps not - in which case props to the Kings for seeing in him what others had not.

Reply #395525 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Henry wasn't on big money in Denmark so will use his good form in the NBL to get a better paying gig in the bigger Euro leagues next year or alot better deal in the NBL

Reply #395547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd suggest based on reputation before coming to Australia and performance in Australia Flynn, Jackson, Ervin and Lisch would be on $150-200k.
Lazare would also be paid well

Reply #395656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

100k MAX for Flynn.

Anything else you all, are dreaming.

Reply #395766 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so what are the tigers paying for Scott?

Reply #395769 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:25 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754