TR
Years ago

Markovic - NBA Draft

Having a look at the early entry candidates for the upcoming NBA draft, and surprised to see one other Aussie bar Bogut on the list. Steve Markovic has chucked his hat into the ring.

Anyone rate has chances of being selected. Personally I don't think he will be picked up.

Link is: http://www.nba.com/news/earlyentry_050519.html

Topic #3038 | Report this topic

Reginald  
Years ago

Not a snowflakes chance. I heard that Maher may be going to a veterans camp after his turkey stint ends.

Reply #34715 | Report this post

Shaqdiddy  
Years ago

Markovic, thats GOLD!!

Reply #34727 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

He WAS a starter on the all-conquering U19 Team and will prob start on the U22 Team in Argentina...maybe some scout told him to?

Reply #34732 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

What's the worst thing that can come of it? He's not going to college anyhow, so he isn't forfeiting eligibility or anything. CJ Bruton got drafted back in '97, so who knows. I'd say Markovic has more upside than CJ did? Why not give it a go?

Reply #34751 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Not only did CJ get drafted but it was by the Lakers...what is the worse that could happen for him?

Reply #34770 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Kent..CJ wasn't drafted by the Lakers, are you thinking of Rogers?

Off the top of my head I thought CJ drafted by the Celtics, or am I thinking of Pepper?

Reply #34791 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

The only bad thing that could happend is he dosent get drafted and he is in the same postion he is in now ... I say go for it and wait and see how he gose ...

Reply #34796 | Report this post

mookie  
Years ago

CJ got drafted by the Blazers.

Surely you can't say that Markovic has more upside at this point than CJ? You're saying that with the benefit of retrospect... at the time, CJ had huge potential with a strong pedigree. His ball handling and shooting were unblieveable at that point...

Reply #34805 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

http://www.nba.com/history/draft_international.html

Actually we are all wrong CJ was drafted by the Memphis Grizzles.

Who the hell is Andrew Betts drafted at #50 out of Long Beach State ....never heard of him but he is listed as an Aussie in 1998.

Reply #34815 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Betts was English.

Reply #35346 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:25 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754