RAV
Years ago

Aussies/NZ Playing College Ball Today

There is a lot of Aussies/NZ players playing College Basketball Today.

So far 2 Aussies have had cracker games:

Matthew Dellavedova 17 Pts, 5 Reb, 8 Ast, 1 Stl (5 Turnovers)
Damon Heuir 30 Pts, 4 Reb, 2 Ast, 2 Stl, 1 Block

Hopefully guys like Drmic, Venky, Fotu & Motum can carry their team to a W as well.

Topic #30434 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I really like what Delly, Drmic and Motum are doing

Reply #396638 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

Delly, Motum and Drmic all the way. All Boomers in the making if not already (Delly)

Reply #396776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think they are all future Boomers too. Motum is one of the most dominant big men we have produced in a while. Delly is Delly. I think Drmic has a huge future. 6'6 shooting guard with a great handle and can really sink the three. Just on another note sitiveni, is the Brisbane bid still a possibility for season after next? Or are you finding equity partners too hard to find? I would love to see the Bullets back.

Reply #396802 | Report this post

PHS 09  
Years ago

Fotu is a beast!

Reply #406549 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

Hugh Greenwood (and a bit surprisingly Cam Bairstow) are playing well at a ranked team in New Mexico.
Greenwood seems to hit clutch shots and has a bit of a point of difference being a high rebounding point guard.

I think Delly and Greenwood could potentially be a really good pairing.

Reply #406581 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

rohant16, when you say Delly and Hugh would be a good pairing, do you mean as starting and back-up point guards?

Reply #406584 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

One day in the future Vart could see it as a Aussie one two. Mills is of course there as well lol!

Reply #406598 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

Can't wait for the Aussies Abroad on Matthew Dellavedova tonight!

Reply #406599 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Greenwood and Delly essentially play the same role. Delly can score but is really suited to be the point running the team and scoring when required. Greenwood is a definite 'tweener' and has been playing point for UNM, but unlike Delly, I believe he is more suited to be a shooting guard...who knows!!

Bairstow has really stood up this year. He was a genuine big minutes rotation player off the bench and has since cemented a starting role alongside Hugh. He can hit up the open mid-range jumper and is happy to do the dirty work inside the paint.

Reply #406620 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Interesting comments rohant16. I personally agree with LC, and think Hugh's best basketball has been at the point guard spot. It would be nice if he could make the transition over to SG, as we certainly dont have any locks there at the moment. But I think Hugh's international career will most likely be as a Damian Martin style 'stat-stuffer', high rebounding type back-up point guard behind Delly. I'm also really intrigued to see where Exum will fit into all of this. Perhaps the next Boomers coach doesn't try to pigeon hole any of them, and just throws a blanket over the likes of Mills, Delly, Hugh and Exum, and just calls them all combo-guards!

Reply #406685 | Report this post

tempo  
Years ago

I see David Humphries has made the All American Div 2 team in his freshman year playing for NIACC in Iowa

Reply #412591 | Report this post

Seriously  
Years ago

NIACC level completely diff to Div 1/2 college ball. Not a real good assessment Also reckon Bairstow has left Greenwood for dead. Forget past reputation. Some good Aussies like Bairstow suddenly blossoming

Reply #413368 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:25 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754