Topic #30435 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

On channel TEN. Awesome game!

Reply #396666 | Report this post

CR  
Years ago

Cracking game that ...

Tight down to the wire, both teams gave it their best shot, someone had to win.

Well done to the Tigers for hanging on ... in the end, Sydney may have been a bit stiff but that's how close games go.

Reply #396670 | Report this post

anomn  
Years ago

i was at the game how did madgen not get T'd up when he threw a chair at the ref hahahh

Reply #396671 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

yeah that chair incident with no action taken surprised me.

Reply #396673 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

What a fantastic game! Good result too, keeps the finals race open for a little bit longer at least.

Reply #396676 | Report this post

Bucketman  
Years ago

Great to see two team playing with the passion to win, instead to trying not to lose. Well played and coached.

Reply #396678 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

The Madgen incident was a ridiculous non tech foul!

Also can anyone explain to me WHY Scott fouled straight away when they are up 5 with 8 seconds to go? I don't want to bring up conspiracies but does anyone know what the line was for this game? I didn't bet on this game but that play was just bizarre. Does anyone have a reasonable explanation as to why he did it?

Reply #396682 | Report this post

anomn  
Years ago

cos garlepp is a terrible free throw shooter

Reply #396683 | Report this post

Jez  
Years ago

Maybe it's just me but Owen Odigie seems to get a lot of camera time on Ten/One in the pre-game warm-ups for a development player ... I daresay the cameraman isn't aware who he is and has made a pretty lazy assumption ...

Reply #396686 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

hey Marty thats what a team that is 100% behind the coach plays with passion and guts, by the way Ansty is by far a better coach at least he has plays his team understands.What a great game Balls and Bruce ex 6ers l believe Marty ??

Reply #396688 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

@KingJames...

Going off memory, the line was +/-3.5.

So unfortunately, the FTs may have 'crossed' the Line.

Reply #396689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jez,

The cameramen/director don't have a clue. In the intros for the 36ers/Crocs game the commentators were talking about the new import (SC) and the One camera guys were zooming in on Gibson the whole time and then right at the end of the convo switched to SC.

Reply #396724 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wouldn't Scott fouling deprive the Kings of the chance at a three?

Reply #396732 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

Pretty exciting game but spoilt by a lot of no-calls which frustrated the heck out of me.

The refs must have been told to let the game flow, and luckily it didn't get as far as blood flowing as well.

WWE should watch this game cos they might get some useful ideas.

Reply #396806 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Went to the game - Anstey instructed Scott to foul - Scott didnt agree (they had a few sec animated about it) but Scott complied and it paid off.

Reply #396843 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I thought the reffing was pretty spot on in this game. A no-call is a good call if the defender has position.

Reply #396854 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the refs ruined their performance in the last 3 minutes. The two offensive fouls were soft at BEST. Madgen gives the smallest of push-offs and Goulding sends himself back 18 feet clearly flopping. Then the second on Flynn there was minimal contact and Madgen put himself to the floor. The no-call on the chair incident is obvious. Also, on the play where Bruce hit's the hail mary 3 Madgen's arm gets grabbed before the ball is in-bounded and nearly pulls him off balance and to the floor. Would have should have been a USF as inside the last 2 mins and the clock was stopped. There were a few others that escape me but i thought...WTF. So in my book not the greatest "spot-on" game by the refs.

Reply #396930 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

Paul, the one that really got up my nose was early on and caught beautifully by the replay. Lazare shoved someone (can't remember who) in good rebounding position by the basket about 2 metres sideways and nothing got called.
After that, there were so many grabs and bumps and hits that I thought I was watching E-grade AFL.

No wonder Garlepp was so surprised when he got called for the deliberate hip and shoulder.

The refs seemed to follow the principle that if the play could continue then they wouldn't call anything.

Reply #396960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rohan Short quit the Tigers?

Reply #397014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Scott "foul" in the last 14 secs should have been an USF, no intent for the ball, basically grabbed him around the waiste. 2 and possesion might have changed things as bit.

Reply #397019 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:48 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754