rockfords alicante
Years ago

2008 lightning v 2012 dandy

who would win ?

my money on 2008 lightning - 3 international level guards.

Topic #30446 | Report this topic

Triton 95  
Years ago

I consider these the 2 best wnbl teams I can remember, I have followed the league closly since about 1995 and these 2 teams IMO are both equally impressive. The 3 losses to Bendigo are a slight blip on Dandy but playing their best they would still beat Bendigo. I would love to see a 2008 Adelaide team play 2013 Dandy team in a best of 5.
Possible mouth-watering match-ups include.....
Whittle vs Krista Phillips
Gahan vs Ohea
Erin Phillips vs Mcleod
Camino vs Wright
Foley vs Cumming
This is just the start, you still have players like Marino, Woosman & Hill? for Adelaide and Cunningham, Blicava's, Downie & Mjovic for Dandy.

Reply #396936 | Report this post

Years ago

That was the time - Camino drafted into enhanced - opals squad

Reply #397131 | Report this post

Years ago

Foley - opals squad and and training camp contract with the sun. Both Foley and Camino at their peaks - Erin playing good but probably at her best now. Tracy just off MVP season and Jen whittle finishing on a high. Can't recall a better guard combo but happy to discuss. Give dandy somemoretime and they will be even better

Reply #397135 | Report this post

Years ago

Sorry auto correct Camino and Foley both w n b a invites

Reply #397136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have always thought that Foley and Camino had "WNBA" type athleticism and moves and had more basketball skills than many other less gifted players who have played for the Opals.

I hope that they do still reach their potential as the Opals need more of this type of player ( have moves, jumpshots , play like blokes etc) to ever compete with the US who have a whole squad of them.

Reply #397429 | Report this post

camino was drafted to houston - but the franchise folded.

foley drafted to indiana out of duke but then traded to connecticut - attended a camp and was last minute cut.

both so close but it has been a few years now.

biggest potential to be the next big thing in college and wnba was gretel tippett - but she has left the game - lot of disappointed womens basketball fans (

Reply #397446 | Report this post

Triton 95  
Years ago

I still think Tegan Cunningham can improve and make WNBA, she needs a good coach to improve and more court time. I think the Opals will need her in the future as she can create her own shot and is very athletic.

Reply #397550 | Report this post

Triton 95  
Years ago

Camino and Foley are past their best and would be unlikely to make an Opals team again. Foley has been dissapointing since her break out season with Adelaide in 2008, still a decent wnbl player but never lived up to her potential imo.

Reply #397553 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:38 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754