Anon12
Years ago

BSA Hot Weather Policy

The following is from the BSA Hot Weather Policy, and applies to all age groups.

"On days when the forecast maximum temperature as published in the Advertiser/Sunday Mail that day is 38 degrees or higher, all district games will be cancelled or postponed, except those at air-conditioned stadiums (currently the Adelaide Arena and Starplex meet this criteria)".

It is my understanding that The Adelaide Arena is air-conditioned, but with an evaporative system, which creates moisture in the air and can make the court slippery (so I have been informed). I am also wondering when the system has actually been utilised for District games, because this would create an additional cost, which BSA would have to incur as part of the rental of the Arena. Would/are they willing to accept this additional cost? I can confirm that it is extremely hot on court in the Arena when the external temperature is high and the air conditioning is not utilised.
I find it hard to recall the number of occasions when the system has actually been used (other than a few NBL games - and possibly 1-2 WNBL games).

What would happen if the temperature exceeds the guidelines and a players suffers from the heat etc and BSA have failed to utilise the air conditioning?

Topic #30447 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

BSA gets the pants sued off them?

Reply #396977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A smart coach would put a blanket ban on hot days.

Ooops, that happened a few years back on a 36er training day of 45C, & you numbnuts bagged him out.

Reply #396985 | Report this post

Quickie  
Years ago

No Games games cancelled

Reply #397021 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I stand corrected, however an Evap' system only causes moisture issues whhen one of two things occur:

Reply #397070 | Report this post

Quickie  
Years ago

I won't let my kids play if BSA don't cancel games as per policy,I recently heard that BSA want to change the policy cancellation to 40

Reply #397970 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:11 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754