DJ
Years ago

36ers New Owners & Coach - Speculation Article

Eade has out up a somewhat interesting article;

http://backpagelead.com.au/basketball/8332-36ers-shock-new-owners-coach-players-on-cards

Im sure there is at least some truths in the article.

Topic #30461 | Report this topic

Joshuapending  
Years ago

Interesting, just sit back and see I guess. Always a little stressing with ownership talk, hate that things are always so unstable. Team and stadium would indicate big pockets.

Reply #397471 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

I thought the meeting coming up was in regards to paying hurls hes money. Didn't think Clarkes future was on the cards

Reply #397472 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

A Daniel Eade article? mmm .... plenty credible. maybe he's finally hit the jackpot.

Reply #397474 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Daniel Eade....

Reply #397475 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

That is good news but not such good news for this season, as that would mean the current owners wont want to spend anymore money this season. Then we all get the enjoyment of watching Clarke coaching the rest of the season.

Reply #397476 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Also I like the players we have in this season, it's stacked with talent, I just hate the complex coaching.

Have to keep Gibson, Johnson (despite his crap defence) and Weigh. Yes I said Weigh. And I meant it.

Reply #397478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

New group owning the club & stadium will be great for the future. I hope the Trevor Gleeson signing comes off too.

Reply #397479 | Report this post

X  
Years ago

Eade...

Reply #397480 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

not sure if Short's resignation has anything to do with it, you'd think he may as wait till end of season to resign as Trevor is unlikely to be assigned this season anyway especially bringing in his own assistant right away? my guess is he just hated working with the current coaching group as he often seems like the odd one out anyway. but i might be wrong on this too

Reply #397481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We have to get rid of Johnson - over-rated cancer on any team.

Not just his D, his shot selection, his attitude, his "my numbers first" attitude.

Hope any new owner can pay him to go away.

Reply #397482 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Wow.........anyone else heard anything? If players are being contacted surely someone knows who the new ownership group are?

Reply #397485 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Exciting news for the 6'ers.

However, doesn't it feel 'a bit odd' for some players if this new management is already talking to other players from other teams?

Gibbo, DJ, and Weigh have nothing to fear, but all the others?

Reply #397488 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

Wow, interesting times ahead. Providing there is any truth to the rumour.

Woulf be surprised that potential new ownership/coaches, were being overly active in regard to player recruitment at this stage. Especially when you consider- petrie, johnson, schenscher, cadee, creek, gibson ( hopefully with the option) and Weigh (swear he has an option)? are all signed. Not that drastic changes should be needed with this group anyway.

Reply #397490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McPeake?

Reply #397493 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

Someone mentioned a Gleeson/Short combo in a previous thread didn't they?

Reply #397494 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

An owner who can afford to buy the Sixers AND the stadium? I'd like to see that!

Would like to see Ken Cole involved as well. He had a massive impact on the club's early years and still has a lot of knowledge and passion for the game. Also an icon of SA basketball.

Gleeson would surely be an upgrade on our current coaching staff, but I wouldn't like to see major changes made to the current roster. I think we largely have the talent in place. Just need that one creative import guard who can score and get other guys open late in games.

Reply #397505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wonder if it's someone from the Blaze who may be 'On the Run' now

Reply #397510 | Report this post

JA  
Years ago

Wow great if true, if the new owner can buy the stadium and club and make it viable then thats awesome, just hope its a stable ownership, not a fan of clubs constantly changing ownership makes the club/league fill unstable to me. I wish the new owners all the best and hope they get it to work for them and thank SOS for all they have done and saving the club if they are looking to be moving on.

New coach would be great and Gleeson sounds like a good option to me, coached successfully at Townsville, using Schensch as one of his key pieces and im pretty sure many of our players could fill that role, ie Gibson could be the Will Blalock, SC could fill the Crawford role, Weigh the Blanchfield role, Johnson the Hinder role, there are some similarities in skill sets of those players so should fit well. Anyway a change from Marty would be well received.

Agree that dont need a huge roster over haul, but a few tweaks could be good, need another starting level guard imo, apart from Gibson the rest are back ups imo.

Anyway hopefully this is exciting news for the club and moves it in the right direction on and off the court.

Reply #397513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I really don't think that Ken Cole / constorium will work out, too many pie in the sky ideas.

Reply #397533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think you will find the guy that owns smokemarts and the on the run franchises will buy the 36ers! and the dome.

Reply #397544 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Is that the Shahin family?

Have they shown interest in owning a sports team previously?

Reply #397573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The article is almost 100% fabrication. Another one of Eade's wet dreams. Marty will see out the season (but won't be back in 13/14, duh), and the Ken Cole thing ain't happening.

As with all things Eade, believe at your own risk. The only thing he's gotten right was the Braswell thing - and pretty much everyone knew that one was coming anyway.

Reply #397578 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

If the on the run family get involved it will give me a lot of confidence moving forward.

Reply #397580 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

-Is that the Shahin family?

Have they shown interest in owning a sports team previously?

They will never consider buying into it under the current environment.

Reply #397581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Short has resigned.
Cole. NO WAY.

Reply #397589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Shahin's can keep their money.

Wouldn't want them anywhere near the 36ers.

Reply #397626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shorts departure wont have anything to do with the 36ers, it will be because he's the 3rd wheel at Melb.

Cant ever see him working with Gleeson again either, that is if Gleeson worked out what happened behind his back at Melb.

Reply #397634 | Report this post

BJF  
Years ago

Utter rubbish from Eade....again

Reply #397637 | Report this post

Kevin  
Years ago

If the Shahin's (Peregrine Corporation/On The Run) were to buy the 36ers and Adelaide Arena, then we might finally see some decent food options in there...

Imagine having one or two Subway outlets, along with perhaps an Oporto, Brumby's Bakery, and EAT Bakery/Chill. Would certainly improve the game night experience.

Reply #397928 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:37 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754