Curtley
Years ago

Trades in the NBA

Does anyone know if there has been an article or story done about how many trades happen in the NBA these days compared to say 15 years ago? It seems like there's many more trades these days and players that play for 5 + teams over a career are more common than ever before. I have no evidence to back this up, just a feeling.

Topic #30499 | Report this topic

Ingles13  
Years ago

Correct me if I'm wrong but there has been maybe 1 or trades so far this season (late October - now). Not counting trades before opening tip off.

Reply #398355 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

It's a conspiracy. Even small basketball forums in Australia won't admit trades and players changing teams is off the chart Compared to the past. The truth is out there.

Reply #398452 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

It's a conspiracy. Even small basketball forums in Australia won't admit trades and players changing teams is off the chart Compared to the past. The truth is out there.

Reply #398453 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

I'm not sure there is many more trades then there was 15 years ago. Remember also that trades are harder to do because of the collective bargaining agreement where now trades have to be done to match up salarys. Before the 1998 lock out you could do a salary dump without the worry of matching up salary's.

Probably if there is anything that had increased trades was before the 1998 lockout was you could not complete sign and trades. That has lifted up players movement as guys like Carmelo Anthony and Dwight Howard has been able to force there teams trades and also maintain themselves receiving a max contract.

Reply #398483 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:10 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754