Ingles13
Years ago

Hawks chasing Massingale as replacement for Hurdle

http://t.co/Jpum5qCn

Topic #30514 | Report this topic

FM  
Years ago

If he plays out the rest of the season, that is three games against a team that sacked him. Add to that the Oscar effect against Adelaide and Gordy has played the mind game of the century.

Reply #398585 | Report this post

eli  
Years ago

would be great if he does the the gig at the gong and playsd the 36ers and hits a few hard shots and gets the MVP. Like Choco said years ago, ..... you were wrong!

Reply #398588 | Report this post

X  
Years ago

2-6 for Hurdle and the season for Martin. Costly game for the Hawks.

Reply #398591 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Hope Massingale gets another chance.

It didn't work out with the 6'ers but maybe Gordie can work his magic.

WOL's woes really opens up 4th sport for the taking.

Reply #398595 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

At the very least this will be intriging.

It will give us chance to answer the burning question (that I have anyway).

'Did Marty Clarke waste CJ Massingale's talents'?

This I look forward to.

Reply #398601 | Report this post

H  
Years ago

Marty Clarke did waste it. Christopherson is a dud but I see him playing the exact same stand in the corner and wait role. c an anyone tell me why Christov is any better then Massingale??

Reply #398620 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

From what I can see he defends well, handles the ball, boxes out, has reasonable quickness and is able to use the pick and roll to create shots for others. CJ struggled to do those things at the speed required for NBL.

If you look at Gruber, a similar level SEABL gun, he's had to make his living in the NBL doing the blue collar things, but CJ is a white collar player.

I hope he gets a chance with the Hawks, I think his high IQ will be better utilised there.

Reply #398621 | Report this post

X  
Years ago

CJ didn't struggle at all on defence during his time at the 36ers. I would say his D was better than Christopherson's has been to this point.

Reply #398622 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

@H...

We didn't get enough of a 'sample space' of minutes played to make that determination (which probably opens up another can o worms).

Reply #398623 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

We'll have to disagree then X, I thought his defence was well below average.

Reply #398624 | Report this post

The TRuth  
Years ago

Article written by Daniel Eade, can put a big question mark on the validity of this report like everything else he writes!

Just last week he reported that the sixers were sacking Marty (not happening this season) & getting Gleeson.

The guy has no sources, just trying to stir the pot in cyber space.

Reply #398631 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can not wait for the hawks v 36ers game if CJ gets the gig.... He will murder them!!

Reply #398635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not that it was a huge mistake but I think after 3 games it's fair to say Christopherson is a worse player than CJ.

CJ had his limitations (lack of quickness/speed) but SC looks so out of his depth like a boy trying to play against men. No way will he ever lead the team in scoring for a game let alone a win like CJ did.

Reply #398636 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Didn't grasp the offence when he came in tonight. His first movement in offence is setting picks for the bigs. Although I grasp the thinking behind the offence it also means our small framed shooter is getting the crap beaten out of him before the 24 sec clock hits 14. Later in the game this could be good to force the miss match in the block however costly on the body if he does it from the beginning

Reply #398640 | Report this post

Kr  
Years ago

Christopherson to me seems to give sixers no more than someone like Kevin white or weeks give Sydney, ie not a lot for an import spot.

Reply #398649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Christopherson doesnt look physically able to impact at NBL level, what were they thinking? Has a kids body.

Reply #398651 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

paul, normally I wouldn't disagree with you but Christophson can not handle the ball, he tries to give it up as soon he gets it in the back court and when he days try and dribble it up the court he looks like a turnover waiting to happen.

Reply #398652 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Reading too much into a phone call. I can assure you that a number of phone calls were made to a few imports that are locally (Aus/NZ).

The team will look at Australian talent before imports. Shaun Gleeson & Lindsay Tait to name a couple.

Reply #398653 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

local**

Reply #398654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Christopherson is an ABL import at best.

Wollongongs style of play and the way they move the ball will suit CJ

Reply #398655 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Hope CJ gets another crack and i cant wait to see him play Adelaide.Certainly spice things up.....

Reply #398657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They might be chasing Braswell too.

Reply #398659 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Braswell done his dash last season with the Hawks. Don't expect him to get a call.

Reply #398663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Paul, Gruber was a blue collar player in the seabl. As was always will be ay what ever level he plays at. He was a standout in the seabl for years. Hios stlye of play hasn'y changed one bit. CJ is older, slower, probably carring an injury and he should have been slected years ago. Way to late now. Mybe Gordi can get him into their system better that Clarke could. Some say that CJ was slow on the uptake as well in learning his systems.

Reply #398670 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

That's pretty much what I was saying. Although his style has changed, he isnt the post target he was at Frankston.

Reply #398673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow one good game and still people think he is the king.

What if he goes to Hawks and only has one good game there. Is that Gordie's fault or does everyone apologise to Marty or does it mean CJ is just over rated at NBL level.

Reply #398678 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Would Jazzmar Ferguson be on there radar???

Reply #398720 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One would hope not.

Reply #398736 | Report this post

Guns  
Years ago

Jazzmar Furgusion - The man who made the laughing stock Albury Bnadits become SEABL Champions in one season.

Would be worth a shot. I thin Massingale deserves first shot for now though.

The Jazzman can play though

Reply #398750 | Report this post

Guns  
Years ago

Jazzmar Furgusion - The man who made the laughing stock Albury Bnadits become SEABL Champions in one season.

Would be worth a shot. I thin Massingale deserves first shot for now though.

The Jazzman can play though

Reply #398751 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:19 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754