megsNstace
Years ago

First timers goin to a game???

My partner and I have never been to a game, however are considering going to a game.
We watch the odd game here and there, but more so for the entertainment value.
Is a 36ers game worth it or what should we expect?
We figure Gold seating on the sides is better than behind the basket.
We arent big sports fans, but if there is an entertainment value, we consider this something good to go too.

Any thoughts? Positive or negative?

Topic #30542 | Report this topic

Years ago

sit on sides for sure - rather than the ends.

if you can afford it - buy platinum tickets.

go 1 hr early and have a meal in the apollo restaurant (well priced pub style meal)

Reply #399098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Definitely worth going to a game. Fast paced action and plenty of entertainment

Reply #399100 | Report this post

Beekayz  
Years ago

Fast paced action without the silly, unnecessary fast paced scoring ;)

Reply #399102 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Definitely aim to sit on the sides or possibly the diagonals. It's good entertainment.

Reply #399106 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Diagonals for me, but if you are going for one-off entertainment get yourself as close to the court as possible even if it takes a few extra $$, you really get to see how quick the action is from there.

Reply #399122 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

DO NOT make any jokes about the opposition team or coach. Chairs in bubble wrap pranks will just get you persecuted on this site ; )

Is a great atmosphere if you have never been, as someone else said, go early and get a meal at Apollo (this should also saving you needing to go to the canteen at the break...that is a nightmare).

Also enjoy the Pale Ale!

Reply #399127 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

my Sister is not into sports and I talked her into checking out a Breakers game and she loved it.
She now goes all the time with her Husband (who's never been into much sport either) and her 2 kids who play mini ball and they all love it.
The NBL has some quality athletes and there have been some great games this season, you won't regret going and def get the seats on the sides.

Reply #399134 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

IMO the south side of the court is better than the northern side.

Reply #399181 | Report this post

Jye  
Years ago

a basketball game is deffinty worth it, there awesome to go to

Reply #399198 | Report this post

Jye  
Years ago

and seats on the side are awesome, you sit closer than you would think, which is awesome

Reply #399199 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Awesome

Reply #399201 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

I was the same 5 years ago when I first moved to Oz (and Cairns). Love it now, been to every home game bar one for the last 2 and a half years. Well worth it.

Reply #399312 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

Murray the Maggie is worth the experience alone.

Reply #399376 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:29 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754