Isaac
Years ago

NH: United ex-coach Coolen sues club

Former Adelaide United coach Rini Coolen left the club because he no longer trusted its board, the South Australian District Court has heard.

Coolen is suing the club for $2.2 million after launching an unfair dismissal claim last year.

He began the proceedings after he was demoted to youth team coach in December 2011 following a series of poor results.

The club has mounted a counterclaim, alleging the Dutchman and his agent John Grimaud misled them during contract negotiations about Coolen's experience and a rival job offer from a Japanese club.
Full article

Anyone following A-League closely think he has a case?

Topic #30547 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have a friend who owned a race horse with Rini and have numerous ties to Adelaide United. I'm personally surprised that this has gone to court. Rini was in no rush to get the matter resolved as he was more than happy living in Adelaide for the time being. Having spoken to chairman of Adelaide United Greg Griffin, I was under the impression from them that they were in negotiations with Rini in regards to a settlement and were quite close a while ago. Whether negotiations broke down I'm not sure.

What I am sure about is that Rini won't get near the 2.2 million he is asking for.

Reply #399274 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Isaac. Yes.

Reply #399574 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

That was Coolen just then onair@fiveaa ,
they settled outta court for $750,000
Rini had to pay $350,000 costs from that , and ADL United's costs were more than that.
Pretty high costs there , for a court case that just started , and " coulda gone on for 12 months . "

Reply #400244 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

John Kosmina , also no longer trusts the board , and stands down with immediate effect , while the team is fouth and making a run at finals , is now without a coach.

Reply #401277 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:08 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754