Happy Days
Years ago

Basketball Mercenaries-Vlad Tankov

Vlad has justed signed with Chelsea.
www.bigv.com.au
Vlads previous Big V clubs include:Chelsea, Pakenham, Mornington, Westernport, Southern Peninsula, Keysborough....
Have i missed any???

Topic #30558 | Report this topic

HO  
Years ago

Never met Vlad, but have heard of him - rebounding monster? And really Happy Days - so? Did he burn you at one of those clubs?

Reply #399405 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Plenty of blokes in Big V go from club to club in the lower divisions chasing coin!

Reply #399472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He likes to be a BIG fish in a little pond. All about ego and the fact he burns relationships where ever he goes.

Reply #399474 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

He's always stayed in the lower divisions, even when his team was promoted to div 1 a few years back he went and signed with a different div 2 team.

But this year will be different, in November there was an article and interview after signing with Western Port div 2, now 2 months later he's signed with Chelsea but in Div 1. He'll be up against much better bigs and import bigs now.

Reply #399479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One of the best blokes you could meet off the court though.

Reply #399485 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Lol sorry you mentioned "Bigs" and Div 1......not a great deal of quality bigs in the Big V full Stop.

It is the land of the 6"6 Centre

Reply #399498 | Report this post

B-Man  
Years ago

From memory didn't Vlad actually swap teams mid season a couple of years ago?

There was a couple of quality bigs in Div 1 last year with the Anstey's and Anthony Labka plus some I have probably forgot.

Reply #399512 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Div 1 bigs (4's and 5's) of note last year...

Chris Anstey
Axel Dench
Marcus Timmons
Cameron Mitchell
Russ Permenter
Mike Spears
Anthony Labka
Chris Lynch

So Yes Div 1 is a perimeter players league but there are still some decent inside presence's. The word getting around there will be another 4 or 5 import bigs in Div 1 this year as the league grows and more money is spent.

Reply #399525 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

With all due respect to those guys a number of them are well past thier best and a number never good enough to begin with.

That said the BIG V league as a whole is a small ball league.

Reply #399527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne Boy is spot on, 6'6 was a very small centre in Div 1 last year. Not sure how that will change this year?

Reply #399615 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Your kidding if you think Vlad was sacked at WP. He had signed at Chelsea before they had any clue he had gone.

Reply #399651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WP and Vlad himself announced he had signed at WP and there was media release.

So how does someone signed elsewhere when they are already 'signed' at their current club?

Reply #399661 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

For all the teams Vlad has played for, has any won a title???

Reply #399679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forget winning a title... Have any ever even made finals?

Reply #399698 | Report this post

Whippet  
Years ago

Ballarat should be on the list too

Reply #399721 | Report this post

Ah ha  
Years ago

Vlad was sat down and told he was not a required player this season after a poor attitude at preseason sessions. Chelsea will take anyone so it was a perfect fit. Still, Interesting given all the times the Chelsea president has bagged Vlad.

Reply #399859 | Report this post

Max power  
Years ago

Also put cranbourne and McKinnon on the list as he went through tryouts only to be told to bugger off. Good luck to him.

Reply #399862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will Vlad wear his headband when playing at Chelsea?

That guy is a Big V legend! I love all the controversy

Reply #399883 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Big V Legend is a bit of a stretch!

Reply #399890 | Report this post

Vlad  
Years ago

I must say I am genuinely grateful to all my fans and followers out there who went out of their busy day-to-day schedule and taken their time to write such wonderful comments and remarks on this thread regarding my previous and current basketball activities, and from all the places "hoomps.com.au", I am truly "NOT" worthy!

I just wish I knew “WHO” you were so I can pay the same respect to you, but since you are hiding behind “aliases” it's rather difficult.

So please keep the posts coming as am finding this extremely amusing about my comings and goings, about my sacking and “buggering” OFF’s, by 300 odd clubs I have played for.

I LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!!!!

Yours Faithfully

Vlad “I was here but now am gone” Tankov

And yes it is I!

Reply #399931 | Report this post

TruDude  
Years ago

Funny Forum here talking about guys who actually played in the Highest League Australia has to offer then commenting on why he goes to lower divisions etc U cant be serious Fact is Aust Bball is Great for the content and thats not saying Much, as a former Baller worldwide i can attest Once uve been on a high scale level here in Australia then go down to lower divisions there isnt really that much more of a diff except age in player and some some experience, Take into consideration why a player goes down in lower divisions 1 time may not be able to commit to the time of an aba schedule practice in such 2 life maybe busy and just loves to keep in shape but at a minimal bcos of business life wife kids 3 you may know someone developing a team and they ask you to come in and help lower division or not to move up u gotta win right so maybe they call u to come help boost them up to move forward So basically for the people who have time to comment on people and why this or that start living a real life and if u aint making a real living at this game called bball and real money bcos wow minimum wage in nbl is what 50k aba 20k of course a player who's not able to get that minimum is going to go from team to team as most teams are unstable anyways and unable to bring guys back for a decent salary....

Reply #399942 | Report this post

Anonamorsman!  
Years ago

I came her to rip on Vlad too but it seems I was beaten to the punch. Yes the guy has played for lots of clubs. and yes he trash talks alot but cant back it up.. and yes, he cant fish for shit either, but thats what happens when your old I guess, maybe he's just forgotten he played for that many clubs? Maybe he just needs a hug and told, "we love you". So I for one am reaching out, Vlad, us keyboard warriors NEED you.. we WANT you.. and yes.. WE LOVE YOU! without terrible players like you wannabe's like us would have nothing to write about!

Reply #399951 | Report this post

Moose  
Years ago

Just a bad bloke through n through. Would step on anyones face if it meant more court time.

Reply #399958 | Report this post

Vlad  
Years ago

You sound bitter MOOSE?? I must have used your face as a "door matt"!!!

Reply #399966 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

shit, I hope that is the real Vlad. Its funny.

Reply #399970 | Report this post

Vlad  
Years ago

The ONE and only!

Reply #399971 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Well mate, never met you but I can sure arrange some try-outs - sounds like you'd be good value in the change rooms!

Reply #399986 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Good to see Vlad has come on to join us to discuss this issue.Maybe you could explain why so many clubs? Is it something in the water in Tyabb???

Reply #400001 | Report this post

Divac  
Years ago

Vlad is great bloke and Serb too :)
As serbs would say
brate ove picke ljubomorne mogu da ti duvaju

Reply #400038 | Report this post

Vlad  
Years ago

Moose, you ain't got any game hence why your not playing big v anymore.

Reply #400047 | Report this post

Vlad  
Years ago

I float like a butterfly and sting like a bee, that's why I am playing at ChelSEA. Word.

Reply #400049 | Report this post

KD35  
Years ago

Have had the chance to play with him after a stint at a club. I didn't like the idea as much, though he did help out ALOT. Great bloke off the court, came to training and trained hard, helped the younger players. With that being said i do understand where everybody comes from. But if everyone stopped being such a girls doodle about things, it would be great.. Who wouldnt want some euro dude whinging in a high pitched voice all the time.. (Jokes mate ha ha)... When i was a benchy years back, i used to love watching him play as everyone would give him shit.. If there wasn't any people like mr tankov at a local club playing against the game would be pretty boring. What happened to the days where you'd go out on court, push and talk crap, as soon as it hits off the floor its all fine. Too many keyboard jockeys who haven't got the balls to say anything so they mouth off on here. Get a life. All the best mate!

Reply #400095 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Vlad explaining why so many clubs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCpiO4VH9t4

Reply #400116 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Last two posts cross the line and have been deleted. Take your chest-beating elsewhere.

Reply #400216 | Report this post

Years ago

Good call Isaac! This post needs to move back to the topic and away from 'ego'.

Reply #400228 | Report this post

Years ago

Reply #400229 | Report this post

Years ago

Reply #400230 | Report this post

Years ago

Reply #400231 | Report this post

Years ago

Also have you ever thought that Vlad is victimised by clubs cos he has a 'reputation' and clubs just then think he is bad news and don't give things a chance to work out. Maybe if clubs can give him a fair go?

Reply #400232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol

Reply #400246 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How come this topic came to a halt? I was enjoying watching it. (sad face)

Reply #400765 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

300th club in 3 years ya mongrel... Luck is not on yours or Gulls side

Reply #400954 | Report this post

Dom mega  
Years ago

Vlad Tanktop lol

Reply #400955 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Your ball skills are as old and hagid as the antiques in your shed... You have handles like a 1920s kettle!

Reply #400962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Best post ever

Reply #400963 | Report this post

Gg  
Years ago

Vlad got owned

Reply #400971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His high pitched voice is like a kettle.

Reply #400999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good to see the Big V has some big personalities. I think leagues should be more about the people playing in them than just game results! Love this sort of stuff

Reply #401278 | Report this post

Vlad  
Years ago

I must say fellas, you "trash talk" or better said "lack off" is very disappointing to say the least!!

Am 36 and if anyone of you little bitches wana have a game one-on-one and your game resembles your "trash", ill have no trouble taking you with my left hand, which I don't have!!!

So please, either bring something more creative to this forum or just put the hand back to where it was and reflect on your short comings!

Reply #401509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Listen here Mr Headband man,

Your not one to talk of 'short comings!'
Vladamir Kettletof you are lucky to stay at one club for a whole season and yes maybe if you had a left hand you could play ball, because your right hand isn't doing much for you.

I wish you all the best on your next, 3 games tops, with Chelsea.

Reply #401802 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Calling it now Vlad WILL be in the D1 all star 5!

He is a good basketball ear and a fierce competitor. You will all look silly when he starts playing

Reply #402267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vlad will be in the best 10 players in that league.

Reply #402425 | Report this post

xxx  
Years ago

How did Vlads team go on Saturday in their practice game?

Reply #402647 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Vlad still at Chelsea?

Reply #404294 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Vlad Div 1 top 10 player... Lol!!

There will be 10 imports alone better than him, then all the ex champ and SEABL players.

Reply #404301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LMFAO Vlad is now on the second round? If the rumour is correct well then Oakliegh should be allowed to play to give Vlad more choice of teams

Reply #404426 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LMFAO Vlad is now on the second round? If the rumour is correct well then Oakliegh should be allowed to play to give Vlad more choice of teams

Reply #404428 | Report this post

xxx  
Years ago

Go Vladimir

Reply #404764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OMG just read this post. I've heard of Vlad but never met the guy...

This guy is hilarious!!

Reply #404848 | Report this post

Mercenary  
Years ago

Maybe googly eyes has put him off his game looking at her face all day

Reply #408506 | Report this post

Mercenary  
Years ago

This guy is a grade 1 dickhead

Reply #410495 | Report this post

Vlad  
Years ago

Mercenary, I don't know you and never want to meet you so please don't waste my time with posts like that.

You clearly couldn't play at this level and I can. Plus you clearly don't have the class to put your name to your posts.

Reply #410549 | Report this post

Mercenary  
Years ago

your going from team to team lika a prostitute . Are you still at chelsea or have you and that slut of yours finished fucking the whole team yet ?

Reply #411740 | Report this post

Baxter  
Years ago

Vlad has told Chelsea Basketball that he is retiring. The club will have an article on the Big V web site early next week.

All the best pal. Hope you stay involved in the game!

Reply #431644 | Report this post

baller  
Years ago

Vlad is a great guy and a good player! full stop.

I've know him since he was 18.

I've seen him, back in his 20s wipe the floor with
some NBL players.

You've had it all , shame you din't take it further...

Srbija do Tokija.

Reply #459720 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Has Vlad hung up the boots or is he the big name signing at Pakenham?

Reply #459723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's been a year at Chelsea so a move would be happening.

Good theory on Pakenham. Although he does already have that uniform in the collection, but he is on the second trip around the clubs.

Reply #459801 | Report this post

baller  
Years ago

At least the guy is playing basketball at that level at 36 years of age.

You should leave the computer/twitter/facebook etc for a while and get some fresh air and leave the bloke alone.

Vlad you are the best, don't pay attnetion to these maggots.

Reply #459813 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think he's still at Chelsea.

Reply #459817 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who cares

Reply #459892 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:37 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754