Woodville v Southern results

to those who care, the Southern women won by about 13. I didn't watch any of it though. The Woodville men won by 17 in the end, after being held to 44-44 at the half time break with some excellent Southern defense. A splendid 3rd quarter by Woodville put them up by 17, they got it out to 25 or so, but Southern got it back about 8, but Woodville pulled through in the end. Highly entertaining match.

Topic #3058 | Report this topic

undersized pf  
Years ago

good game, good game by all. cam wilson was good as always.

greg pascoe played well in limited minutes. got 9 points with good percentage.

from second half woodville had the game under control apart from a little scare towards the end of the game when southern rallied.

good to see ryan willis hit the floor. got a good ovation from the woodville crowd and got a bucket in his 49 seconds of play.

hope that we see many more minutes from big will in the following weeks

Reply #35014 | Report this post

LAMINA  
Years ago

Ah yes the 'Flying Man From Borneiou'(sp)!! or whatever he was called. What's with all the nicknames?

Reply #35015 | Report this post

undersized pf  
Years ago

actually it was "the wild man from borneio" yeh the nicknames are a good laugh.

Reply #35017 | Report this post

Sir Spark  
Years ago

Play the bear...love his hair...the game is won fair and square...yeah?!

Welcome back Zano...good stuff G Pasc...Reesy rocks my world

Reply #35018 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not quite up there with the Bruce 'white shoes' Northcote incident but quarter time was extended to allow Wayne Maidment time to put on his ankle braces which he clearly had forgot to bring with him.

Yogee where are the box scores???

Celeb Sightings included forum posters Matt Ryan and the one time a year poster RJ (2005 was disappointing my friend).

REAL Celebrity Sighting Darnell Mee obviously coming to see his old mate KB.

Reply #35043 | Report this post

Frank'n'Beans  
Years ago

Did anyone see what happened to Matt Hardiman from Southern, he came across to the Southern bench after a foul with half his little finger sticking out of the skin, looked like a nasty break!

Reply #35048 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

Thanks for that "Celebrity Sighting" mentioning me!

The great thing about that game was that Daniel Hughes and I were doing commentary for that game...but it had absolutely nothing to do with the game!

Reply #35219 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:50 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754